Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Duratec Ti-VCT Performance.

I see they did their homework on that one, it's listed as fitting the Focus Electric. Too bad that car doesn't HAVE an engine...

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I would do my best to stay away from those, they suck in ALOT of hot air from the engine, and definitely not worth it. Even the big brands still have trouble with heat soak, and those have heat shields.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im having trouble finding a whole air intake kit thatll fit the se. I mostly just see the filter for sale. What do you guys recommend i do?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
K&N has one, Steeda has one, AEM has one, Rebel Devil Customs will have one soon

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I know Airraid has a setup for around $170 (auto parts warehouse) if you are looking for a mid-range system... has a heat shield and choice of filter... I wonder if anyone has any experience with those and knows the differences in the filters/4 choices.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Actually no, that is not a true cold air intake. That is a short ram setup for the stock box. The only true cold air intake is AEM. And Rebel Devil Customs is developing a similar one.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Actually no, that is not a true cold air intake. That is a short ram setup for the stock box. The only true cold air intake is AEM. And Rebel Devil Customs is developing a similar one.
Exactly, and the original question never asked about "cold", but all input is welcomed.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Exactly, and the original question never asked about "cold", but all input is welcomed.
Yeah I know that but he said it was the only true cold air intake. And I was simply correcting him because it wasn't true

·
The ImpoSTer
2,285 Posts
I have the K&N and I love it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah I know that but he said it was the only true cold air intake. And I was simply correcting him because it wasn't true
Exactly, I meant the other guy... but I remember reading on here and the intake performance results from the other site that the AEM true cold air intake actually doesn't perform well while at a stop... I'm wondering if they would be best more for track use rather than stop and go?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Idk maybe, I thought it would perform better than the SRI's sucking in some engine heat but who knows [dunno] from owning both the k&n and steeda SRI's I can tell you both perform equally as well but are not the greatest in the summer

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Actually yes, that is a true cold-air intake. So is the OEM system. A cold-air intake only has to get it's air supply from outside of the engine bay. That's literally the only requirement. A short-ram only needs to have a shorter filter-to-manifold tract and generally has a conical filter. A warm-air intake simply gets it's air from inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Actually yes, that is a true cold-air intake. So is the OEM system. A cold-air intake only has to get it's air supply from outside of the engine bay. That's literally the only requirement. A short-ram only needs to have a shorter filter-to-manifold tract and generally has a conical filter. A warm-air intake simply gets it's air from inside the engine bay.
Hmm yeah makes sense haha

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
OK, you're the one guy who I believe the most, it's just that absolutely everyone else talks about how the AEM is the only "true" CAI, but you're right and everyone should realize that on this. :D

That said, what do you recommend if you don't want to do the $300+ K&N or Steeda? Just the snorkel delete and drop-in? What about those Airraid and other ones for under $200?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
OK, you're the one guy who I believe the most, it's just that absolutely everyone else talks about how the AEM is the only "true" CAI, but you're right and everyone should realize that on this. :D

That said, what do you recommend if you don't want to do the $300+ K&N or Steeda? Just the snorkel delete and drop-in? What about those Airraid and other ones for under $200?
Quite honestly, I usually recommend the snorkel-delete/drop-in. The reason for that is due to the extremely low cost comparatively, the sound was what I preferred, and the fact that it's cold-air and extremely consistent. My Steeda CAI would get a bit heat-soaked during the summer on my way home from work which aggravated me and when I had the Typhoon fitted I didn't really like the tone.

With that being said, the snorkel-delete/drop-in doesn't work well for people that want to show their car or want the additional power that the other intakes can provide. Because I occasionally fell into those categories, I always had at least two intakes. My dd setup was the drop-in. I would personally only choose the Steeda or AEM for show/power.

Strictly my opinion.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
The AEM is a true CAI though right? I just want to be sure on that

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
The AEM is a true CAI though right? I just want to be sure on that
Yes, it is. It locates the filter outside of the engine bay in front of the radiator support.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts