Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to compare engine compartments to see if I'm missing the engine cover.
I assume it's some piece of plastic that covers something.

Found one. Did everybody else get the engine cover?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It has already been covered. THe engine covers are no longer being used after some time in May 2011. You can order one, or ask your dealer to get you one.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Actually my SE sport bought here in Texas does have the Active Grill Shutters.
[ohcrap] WHA...! [ohcrap]

I talked to about 6 different dealers when I was shopping around, and was told it was a Northern thing. Then I read a thread (I think here) that backed that up.

Damn!

·
Registered
24 Posts
[ohcrap] WHA...! [ohcrap]

I talked to about 6 different dealers when I was shopping around, and was told it was a Northern thing. Then I read a thread (I think here) that backed that up.

Damn!
Dude I don't think the dealers know what they're talking about but what do u expect lol. There's another thread on here that discusses exactly which models have the shutters, I'll see if I can find it...

·
Registered
772 Posts

Even if they were still being produced, there was no engine cover on the SE or SEL. Only on the Titanium.

·
Registered
411 Posts

You have the cover. It's the big one in the middle of the engine. Also, I am in Fla. and I have the shutters on my Ti.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thats not his engine pic... he asked for a pic, then said he found one and added it in..... your not going to have one anyways, your car is an SE

·
Registered
190 Posts
Dude I don't think the dealers know what they're talking about but what do u expect lol. There's another thread on here that discusses exactly which models have the shutters, I'll see if I can find it...
Thanks for the search help. I think that is the same thread I read, but much later. People were saying you had to have the winter package to get the shutters on the SEL. Oh well, I love my ride, and really just wanted the shutters for the cool factor and to see if they help with MPG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts