Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been struggling with this conversion to blue for a while now... all because of my blue pioneer radio. I love my speedhut gauges (because they're white) but lit up blue it looks more aqua blue... so it doesn't match any blue leds I have installed and it really stands out as being ugly.

I'm considering switching all back to green, flipping the switch on the speedhut gauges to green and leaving my pioneer deck there.

Anyone have a pic of this combo?? I want to see or remember how it looks like.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
I do!

TBH I want to change the headunit to green or red. Or buy a new headunit thats green/red (Alpine 9887 or Eclipse 3200)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Im trying to change all my lights blue to match my kenwood deck =)

Just got The white gauges so at night they glow blue. Im trying to find some blue dome lights. and got some blue neons in my car. Im just trying to figure out how to change the like air conditioning controls and stuff =/

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
What is that little light ring around the cig lighter and how can I get one for my SVT?
Yours doesnt have it? Thats the stock lighted cigarette lighter. I might have a spare one laying around.

hybridtheory... do you mind posting a pic plz? also did you hook up an ipod to yours?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yours doesnt have it? Thats the stock lighted cigarette lighter. I might have a spare one laying around.

hybridtheory... do you mind posting a pic plz? also did you hook up an ipod to yours?
no ipod. i dont have any pictures u can see it lit too well with the gauges but heres something.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
What is that little light ring around the cig lighter and how can I get one for my SVT?
It comes on early model Focuses (like '00 and '01 only, I think). I installed one in my SVT by chopping out the stock black piece (it's a real pain to remove), and splicing a spade connector to the orange "illumination" wire that goes to the headunit. The negative side of the light bulb grounds to the lighter, so only one extra wire is needed.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Good I have Alpine and can chose between 200 something colors :))))) Gotta love it!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
CaysE
I like the clock above your radio.
My buddy in Germany has a cousin that has a supercharged st-170.
He has 3 digital guages fiberglassed into the very top of his guage cluster right above where the dash connects to the clear plastic of the cluster, so if you look right over or under the top of the steering wheel you can see the guages. Your clock reminded me of that cause it's the same shape. That ST sure was fun to ride in. Dude had a different body kit wheels/tires for the winter and summer...lol

Sorry for the drawn out thread jack...just missing Germany a bit...lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does anyone know where to locate a different color cig. light? I am changing the color's in my car from Green to Blue, and I can't have it all blue with a green cig. It would drive me nuts.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Isn't there an LED in there that he could change?

CaysE: Yeah man his ST was sick. When he was at WOT I would be pushed in the back of my seat HARD. It comparing my SVT to his ST is like comparing a moped to my SVT...
But yeah he fiberglassed his guages in and painted it the same blue as his ST
Here is kinda what it looked like. I stole you pic hybrid:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can swap the led (regular 74) but the plastic is still green. In my case I just got the SVT center console and it has a black lighter trim.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
You can probably find different color trim rings on ebay or wherever, but it probably won't fit as nicely.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ok, I will keep looking.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Anyone intending to install a lighted cig lighter bezel....be warned. It's a PITA. My '06 didn't have a lighted bezel. I got one at the local parts store in amber (the only color). Then the fun started. Terrible job that took at least four hours, with trips back to the store to find spacers, and different connectors. Never want to do that again...

My fun with the lighter socket

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
It's a direct fit to the '00-'04 bezel if you use the Ford part, but like I said, it takes some custom work to go aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts