Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it a typo or is the steeda a true 65mm throttle body? basically an aluminum version of the stock tb or what?[gunfire]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
and honhon is god

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
lol. Yes. Anyone who doesn't search first is sacrificed to honhon Aztec style atop the pyramid of the Foci gods. lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Quite right.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually- "Gods" why dont u look in the new steeda focus catalog- they offer a 65 mm throttle body for duratec- so when u start jumping to conclusions- why dont u guys or whatever u call u guys take a look-[boxface]

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
actually- "Gods" why dont u look in the new steeda focus catalog- they offer a 65 mm throttle body for duratec- so when u start jumping to conclusions- why dont u guys or whatever u call u guys take a look-[boxface]
Why would you go from a stock 65mm tb to an after market 65mm tb? you would gain no performance at all for alot of your $$$$........seems kinda stupid to me if you ask, with the 67mm you at least gain some performance.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i dont really jump to conclusions, but you need to understand my frustration, when a new member is creating new threads about the same stuff that was discussed 2 threads down a day ago.

and the fact that i personally created a few threads to stop the basic threads being created over and over.

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Stock 65mm? Thats news to me, and my stock intake tubing. My stock rubber hose for the intake had to be FORCED over my FC 65mm TB while just loosening the hose clamp let it basically fell off the stocker.

If anyone could explain that I'd love to listen!

Anyway 2.0D-Slo-cus if you had a link to the TB it would help, as for performance you will see MINIMAL HP gains from either 65 or 67mm TB without a manifold and at least 65/67mm or larger diameter intake/MAF housing. You WILL see a great improvement in throttle response, its a great mod for manuals and even a better one for auto's.

·
Registered
656 Posts
A stock TB is 65mm at it's opening but it narrows to around 63mm in the center.
Here is the stock TB's that Steve(Tousley Ford) has modified to a true 65mm.If all you want is a 65mm TB his are cheaper and will work better.

STOCK:

MODIFIED 65mm:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the thing is champs- i said in the steeda "-catalog-" its not on there website and i never said u could find it there guys.[read]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
well the simple fact, is sinse the TB just adds throttle response to the motor, its more of a "feal" mod, not really a performance mod. there are claims to HP for it... but its so minimal its not worth the cash, unless your at the end of the list of mods that you are doing... i had one, then sold it and put the cash else where.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
well the simple fact, is sinse the TB just adds throttle response to the motor, its more of a "feal" mod, not really a performance mod. there are claims to HP for it... but its so minimal its not worth the cash, unless your at the end of the list of mods that you are doing... i had one, then sold it and put the cash else where.
funny stuff....i am assuming directed at me. as you know, that is coming to the end of my mods, and i am doing the tb.

also, fxbaja, hey, whered ya get those pics? never seen em b4. lol.

as he said, yes, it is 65mm to start, but then goes down to a 63mm. but the real gain comes from the new plate.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts