Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to see if anybody has one and if you can tell any differance in the ram air with there intake and just a regular CAI.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I have to wonder the same question. It would be hard to measure since a dyno wouldn't show anything. And really, how much hp could you pick up. I remember reading the SLP ram air hoods used by Pontiac on the GrandAm made a difference of something like 10 hp and that was on a V-6. For $700-800 or so painted, could this hood be worth it? I guess there's always the weight savings to account for......

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have been thinking about this set up too. There should be some kind of gain since the air is being "rammed" into the intake. But I am ignorant on the subject. If for no other reason, I just might get it to say I have a functional ram air hood. Looks good too.

F

·
0 Posts
well, from what i've been told, if you put on a ram air hood, the more air is let into the engine compartment and the colder air charge going into the intake = more power. hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
It can help if you don't have room to run a CAI, or don't feel like it, but I would feel more inclined to buy one for it's engine cooling abilities if I had a heat problem, which I don't.

So about the only thing ram air does is screw with aerodynamics.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i think it just looks cool and u can be like yeah i have a functional scoop doesn't seem like it would do all that amazing of things

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Not trying to put your car down but I think the wagon looks goofy they scultped the rear wrong if you ask me

·
Registered
105 Posts
"Ram air" does nothing at the speeds normal cars drive at, it's just a fancy expensive CAI and that's what adds the power, aesthetically it kicks a$$ though [thumb]

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I like that hood how much are they asking ?? the other hood besides that is the Cervinis one which is really sweet

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seb656 said:
I like that hood how much are they asking ?? the other hood besides that is the Cervinis one which is really sweet

Its the Vis Invader its on ebay and you can get it for 500$ shipped.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the fc ram air hood is designed specifically for the fc and volant intakes. it will be very functional with those two intake. the fc hood isnt designed to cool the engine off like other "vented" hoods. it is a true ram air hood with the right set up. like the WS6 ram air.

·
12 years strong
6,882 Posts
yeah. ive got the fc intake so im really interested into seeing what kind of gains u can get.

oh and euro, i see in ur sig. the coming soon fc cf ram air hood. do they sell it in carbon fiber cause whenever i go to the site, it says its made from fiberglass.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They dont have them in right now they told me they would have them in about to weeks.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
i was gonna buy a used one off this guy a few months ago but he backed out. last time a talked to FC, like in november, they said it would be 2-3 months. they have been lookin for a new CF guy so they can make it in one piece. the prob with the first gen was the latch could come loose, im not positive on that tho.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts