Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to get on the new Hampstead bypass every time they drive by one of the ramps?

It looks all paved up now, at least at the terminal points.

A whole brand new road to yourself... ;)

Of course, there's probably a bridge missing somewhere or something that would ruin all the fun.

When I was living in Northern VA a decade or so ago they created a bypass road, and it was soooo smooth when it first opened. And was also something of a secret, it seemed, as it was always wide open. Of course, it was also stuffed with an obscenely high number of cops...go figure!

"Fortunately" I was in an '83 rabbit at the time. I loved that little car to death, but you really had to try to break the speed limit.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
I know someone...AHEM[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]* who went around it on a motorcycle a few weeks back.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Rebel^

Yeah it does look sooo smooth.
I've worked at a couple of the houses that back up it.
I just want to blast a quick skid pad run thru the roundabouts.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's awesome.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
c'mon, no one do a top speed run yet??? its not a "road" yet......you cant get a ticket on a road that doesn't exist yet.....[deviltail]

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
It has roundabouts and a few sections end abruptly into other roads still.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
Yeah you'd come flyin up it and get to 482 and find ..oops not paved... and a double oops...a jersey wall across road. ouch.
I read in the local paper the towne of hampstead is 'bummed' cause it prolly wont be ready before the next "hampsted day".
They wanted to close main street to traffic so all the vendors and people that are inchs from rt.30 wont have to worry about getting hit.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Can't have it done by then?!? I'm suprised, but it is alot of work I suppose. We"ll just keep testing it for them.

·
Focus autox'r
2,507 Posts
We could do some late night nitrous testing after finishing the nozzle.
just go up from the southern entrance to 30 and run it on the way back.
Yeah I thought it was supposed to be done by spring, but thats what the paper said.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts