Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Focus but was wondering if there is any way to use a USB drive if I dont have one in my console currently?
I know about the line in plug thats in the glove box, but I now wish I had sprung for a model up from my SE so I dont have to turn on my ipod everytime I want to listen to it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I love my Focus but was wondering if there is any way to use a USB drive if I dont have one in my console currently?
I know about the line in plug thats in the glove box, but I now wish I had sprung for a model up from my SE so I dont have to turn on my ipod everytime I want to listen to it.
+1 I wish I got one too. Didn't have the patience to look for a car with all my requirements though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I'm planning to call the dealers sometime this week to ask them if they can add the usb/aux-in assembly put in the armrest.

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
Why dident your guys come with one i have an SE with a USB port.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Your stereo will not have the capabilities to read and index the files....

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
You could wait until there's an aftermarket stereo install kit developed and get an new HU with a USB port.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Ya, I can't even imagine going aftermarket with the Focus (or many other newer cars with similar integrated designs). What a PITA that would be.

Having said that, the aftermarket industry is a billion dollar global industry.

I'm sure someone will have a "kit" that takes 1/2 the top of the center stack off and replaces it with something that has a hole for a double DIN radio.

Ick.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Why would you have to replace the top of the dash? The black trim around the controls just tucks up under the lip of the dash. I read somewhere earlier that Metra is developing a kit, but now I can't find it. They're available for the Fiesta. I see them from anywhere from $100 to about $150. Not bad considering they have the buttons built in.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
And they look terrible and are made from the most brittle and cheesy plastic.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Just showing an option to somebody looking for options.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
239 Posts
Looks like its going to be expensive, wouldn't the whole top half of the dash have to be replaced? [scratch]

What in the hell are you talking about? The Sync system has a USB port and Line-in and, lo and behold, is not a Touch system. (In other words, it looks just like the picture.)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can someone tell me why you can't get SYNC alone,without FMT,or navi in an SE? Or even a stick in the other models+
Ummm... ya, you can. I can go in and "build my own" Focus SE with 5 speed manual OR automatic transmission and when you get to option packages you can get equipment group 202A which has Sync + MyFord (NOT TOUCH) for $795. Also includes an audio upgrade.

However, I imagine that sometime late next year Ford will make Sync standard on the Focus, or a VERY cheap option like $200 or something.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts