21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
update please

·
Registered
170 Posts
How can you not manage to put up a pic in 20 days? I'm in the market for a turbo kit, and FS is already taking deposits, I'm still going to hold off until at least F2 releases theirs too. How about some info on yours? Right now they are the only 2 i'm even considering. You were #1 on the list just a month ago....

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
1turbofocus said:
Yes Yes i know i will have pictures for you tommorrow , I have forgot the Camera at the shop for 3 days now

It is finished and i am happy with it , Now im pushing it on the dyno

Tom
02-05-2006, that's A-LOT longer than 20 days........... What's the deal Tom?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Tom's a busy guy...its just him and his son running his operation, give the guy a break. I'm sure he has a lot of other things going on and posting a picture of his Duratec turbo kit on here is pretty low on his current list of priorities.

Not to mention, why are you California guys chomping at the bit about a turbo? No aftermarket turbo kit is ever going to be CARB certified, doesn't seem too practical to put one on your car unless its a trailered race-only vehicle...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Frogman,

I realize Tom is a busy guy, as do most others on this forum. And you may also notice that all inquiries have been and continue to be made in a friendly manner as to Tom's products (or lack thereof) for the Duratec.

Product is important in business, but so is marketing, customer relations, etc.. That is what is missing here, IMO.

And it is likely not because Tom doesn't care, but because the market is so weak for the Dura and Focus platform in general, that he simply cannot invest the time or money into the marketing, advertising, promotional, customer relation, etc., sides of business at the moment.

So, we will have to wait patiently untill he can get around to posting a pic or two on this forum or maybe some day finally updating his website to show some actual Duratec stuff.

Such is the price we have to pay for being brand "X" enthusiasts.

·
Registered
650 Posts
hmm, who said the market is weak? the market is still in its infancy for the duratec... I know that all the FS Turbo kits sold out for their first batch... I am sure Tom would have the same luck with his... :D

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
well tom doesnt have time to come on here and update us about the duratec stuff, but he has the time to come in here and bash f2, marcy, and fs for not showing up to some track event. in my book that is bad business. you dont bash other companies like that. sorry tom i think that is kind of childish. i know i wont here the end of this but i dont care.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Wow Harold, The threads been open for 3months now and this is your 1st post in it,nice contribution....Where you from anyway??...Oh I see....never mind, it's ok for YOU to bash, just no one else...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
finalley said:
Wow Harold, The threads been open for 3months now and this is your 1st post in it,nice contribution....Where you from anyway??...Oh I see....never mind, it's ok for YOU to bash, just no one else...

no i not bashing i jsut saying its bad business. and i may not have posted int his thread, but i do check back often for uppdates, which seem to have none. the only kits i have seen out are the f2 kit and the fs kit. i was waiting for tom to release a kit because as i have read he has done some damn good work with the zetec and can probably be better with the duratec.

·
FF Affiliate
31,807 Posts
At this time Focus-Power is NOT moving forward with the Dura turbo kit

There will be more posted about Toms semi-retirement this week

Please dont make any assumptions till i post further

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Yes Yes i know i will have pictures for you tommorrow , I have forgot the Camera at the shop for 3 days now

It is finished and i am happy with it , Now im pushing it on the dyno

Tom
i guess i'll stop waiting for the pics. 1st marcy now tom. i guess i'll be getting the FS turbo after all

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
1turbofocus said:
At this time Focus-Power is NOT moving forward with the Dura turbo kit

There will be more posted about Toms semi-retirement this week

Please dont make any assumptions till i post further

Thanks
Tom
chill out guys, like the man said, don't make any assumptions until he posts further.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.