Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got my FocusSport CAI, and I'm getting my Magnaflow cat back in the spring, plus I want to run 91 or 93. Anyone know any good tuning places in the New Jersey area, and about how much it would cost?? Also, how long does it take, if anyone knows??

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Tom is in NC
McNews is somewhere around PA i think

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^exactly. get a header before you bother with a tune

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
and you might wanna try posting up in the regional forums...i think theres a topic of tuning shops around that area already rolling around in there

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I think he mite be talking aboout a dyno tune...and yes I would wait till you have dine more mods.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Um, not sure what else. I'm getting my Cossie TB in the spring with the exhaust, so I just want it to run in top shape. I was told a tune would be good for it. Header isn't till later. I'm doing suspension work, control arms, brakes first to get that out of the way.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
roughly $400 for the tuner w/ a tune. Waste of money IMO unless you have at least an intake, full exhaust, header and cams. Your ECU will be able to compensate for the power adders adequately until you get to cams.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why would I skip the TB, I can afford both the tune and TB, just the exhaust is waiting? Which is when I would be getting the tune anyways. I was told when I get at least and CAI, TB, and exhaust, I should get a starter tune to clear up possible rough idle, plus to change other things, like gas octane to 91, or 93, and get rid of my speed limiter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol Thanks bro, I need one either way. I need faster throttle response for the direction I'm going. A TB does add a little horsepower gain, but only when you change your intake mani, exhaust and header all at the same time. Even then you still have to get a tune when you're done for it to show that it does.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I would say for order is intake/exhaust/header/cams/tune/IM/tune/TB, but if a throttle body is at the top of your list then it's all up to you. To each his own. An for the tune I would say make the trip to Tom. You will get free updates.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I am going to him. I'm getting a Lentech ATX then having my car towed to him when it's in. That way I don't mess anything up. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've heard about Tom and McNews, but I don't know to much about McNews. Are they any good with tuning Lentechs ATX? I know that Tom knows more about them, because he uses them. I have my CAI, getting my TB, exhaust, and Lentech ATX, at that point I need to get a place for the right tune for it, then continue to upgrade stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts