Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Um yeah subject heading says it all. What short shifter do you guys think is good and or like??? I'm thinking about the B&M Short shifter, but........ and thats a huge but I also ran into a cheaper short shifter for the focus made by ASPEC. I think it costs like $24-$26 dollars somewhere around there. Does anyone have a comment about the ASPEC short shifter???

Here's the link where you can find them:
www.aspecproducts.com

Tell me what you think....[:D]

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a cheapo Ebay shifter in my car and it works fine,even for autocross style shifting.I also have a Steeda I paid a lot more forin another car.The Steeda is built out of better material and the craftmanship is excellent.I have not broken either one yet...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm really..... yeah I wasn't too sure about the quality so yeah figured I'd ask before buying it.

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
the steeda is really nice but expensive, my friend has a b&m on his cavalier and I think it is crap. The FOrd Racing shifter which you can buy fron northcoast performance I believe is the STeeda shifter but 50 dollars cheaper. You just have to put the three pieces together, which isn't a big deal.

·
Registered
958 Posts
check out the c-f-m one...its adjustable and apparently has one of the shortest throws on the market

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm yeah I'll check it out..... c-f-m huh???

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have the Steeda and do not like it that much. It does have a shorter through but It just feels goofy.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Or track down a Focus Central Race shifter, shortest one that I know of and a few places still carry them for a good price. I went Ford Racing over Steeda, save some dough.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
drift_master87 said:
Hmm yeah I'll check it out..... c-f-m huh???
I have seen the light......[thumb]

I went to check out this C-F-M short shifter and I love it [thumb] [thumb] . Its pretty cheap and also includes the reverse delete thing so no more having to lift the little thing to go into reverse.

You guys were right C-F-M is the way to go.....[:D]

·
Registered
170 Posts
Reverse lockout actually is a good thing.First time you accidently hit reverse you will understand why... and yea,the CFM shifter is a good one!My $20 Ebay shifter is hanging tough though...third autocross and I miss NO shifts.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hahaha yeah I can picture myself accidently going in reverse......lol. But yeah the other thing I like is that its adjustable.... so you can make it lower or keep it high, which is still lower than stock.....lol.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
is there even a sts out there that officially has "the shortest throw" available? because it was the fc race shifter, but what is it now? does the cfm sts truly have the shortest throw now? i thought the pro 5.0 was supposed to be really short too. does anybody know anything about the pro 5.0 sts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the Steeda shrot throw and I love it. Top quality product. I priced out the Steeda and the B&M. they were pretty much the same in price but I got a Steeda knob for free with the steeda. I dont think they really sell that as a package but its on their web site like that and I told them and they honerd it. I personaly would not go near the cheep eBay ones.

The only thing about the Steeda shifter is that the rubber in the knob turns my hand black when I shift a lot. According to Steeda 1% of the population have oils in their skin that have that effect on the rubber they use. Lucky me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Um I haven't heard about the pro 5.0 sts...... whats the link on that guy????[poke]

Please tell me or I will have to [nutkick] you......lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm wow so you get a new shifter knob with the pro 5.0......... yeah I'd actually thinking it'll be pretty cool if I can get a nice looking shifter. Is the one you get with the pro 5.0 good or do you guys use other knobs???

·
Registered
557 Posts
I like my B&M.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wanna take this opportunity to thank you all that have replyed and give me some really positive feedback. You've all told me alot of good stuff and have actually given me more food for thought. But yeah I'm still undecided but will make my purchase my next paycheck thats coming in in a week or two. As soon as I buy it I'll let you all know how everything goes...... alright..... Once again thank you all...

·
Registered
958 Posts
why dont u email cfm and ask them since they carry all the shifters in question...also i use my stock knob...dont want to draw ANY attention [thumb]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts