Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a quick search but didn't see anything yet. I have a 2012 SEL coming I got it with the 16" alloys so tire replacement is cheaper and I'd rather spend the money on an after market wheel than on any of the Ford "upgrade" wheels if I do get something else.

My winter/snow tires from last year are basically still new and only have 3500 miles on them and they were great on my Charger so needless to say I'd like to use them again this year. Problem is they are 17". Is there anyone making or are there any 17" steel wheels out there that will fit a 2012? Or anywhere to get really cheap 17" beater wheels for the winter that will fit even from other model and makes of cars?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks HotRodWagon I just scooped them up. Exactly what I'm looking for and at a great price and free shipping can't beat it. I was looking on ebay last night and didn't see them I must've scrolled right over them somehow.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Thanks HotRodWagon I just scooped them up. Exactly what I'm looking for and at a great price and free shipping can't beat it. I was looking on ebay last night and didn't see them I must've scrolled right over them somehow.
Win! You are welcome man. Now you can style all winter long :) .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Win! You are welcome man. Now you can style all winter long :) .
I guess its lose now. I win the auction pay for it and the guy sends me an email saying they are already sold to someone else who is waiting to save up for them even though I won and already paid. [scratch] Figure that one out. Then 3 hours later he sends me another email that he now needs $100 to ship and the price is now $325 and whoever has the money first gets the wheels like they aren't sold now to the other guy. I'm kinda lost and it Seems like fraud to me so I'm reporting it and turning it over to ebay and let them handle it. The guy did do a full refund but that doesn't make it right.

Thanks again for the find.

So everyone beware of that seller in that listing.

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I guess its lose now. I win the auction pay for it and the guy sends me an email saying they are already sold to someone else who is waiting to save up for them even though I won and already paid. [scratch] Figure that one out. Then 3 hours later he sends me another email that he now needs $100 to ship and the price is now $325 and whoever has the money first gets the wheels like they aren't sold now to the other guy. I'm kinda lost and it Seems like fraud to me so I'm reporting it and turning it over to ebay and let them handle it. The guy did do a full refund but that doesn't make it right.

Thanks again for the find.

So everyone beware of that seller in that listing.
That's just wrong. I'd definitely report the seller. Not sure what that will do, but there has to be some penalty for backing out of an auction like that. Thankfully this seller refunded your money.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Report it. He is obligated to sell you the wheels at the price you won the auction for.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Thats jacked up!!! go after him!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Report it. He is obligated to sell you the wheels at the price you won the auction for.
They were sold to someone else then sold to me then up for grabs then sold again. They were "sold" atleast 3 times in the course of a few hours so I'm guessing there never were any wheels to begin with.

Took me 2 hours to find a phone number to actually call Ebay to report it which I did on the phone and on their site. They looked it up and sided with me. Don't know what good it will do Ebay is pretty lazy but hopefully he'll atleast get banned.

After his 3rd email to me which was filled with such pleasantries such as go "eff yourself, bitch, and I'm not going to lose money because a punk ass kid thinks he's in the right". After I replied explaining how the scam/con works by building trust by refunding my money only to try to get me for more like 3 card monty where they let you win at first then clean your clock. Oh and explaining how I'm not a "punk ass kid" but a Sergeant with a very large Law Enforcement Dept here in NJ (which I really am) and if he wanted I could contact his local PD and have a Detective come out and check him out he changed his tune with the quickness and his next email giving me some story that he was selling them for someone else and didn't know blah, blah, blah and his wife must've changed the shipping by accident when she changed some other listings blah, blah but magically he was very courteous and respectful then. And he told me they were sold again so he doesn't have them to sell me. The local PD won't do anything because I got my money back and I don't want to waste their time over a stupid con where the money was given back when they have bigger things to do. Whatever, atleast I got my money back.

How does the old saying go? If it seems too good to be true it probably is

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I'm still looking for some cheap 17" 5x108 wheels for winter/snow duty any brand steel or alloy. Does Volvo make a 17" steelie? or maybe try some junk yards?

I know Volvo, Thunderbird, and Jaguar wheels fit but I'm sure Jags are too much. Are ther any other manufacturers or models that fit the 2012 Focus?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
ok so 17" steel wheel is no where to be found. i just did some research and it seems that there is a lot of people that want them just no one has them...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok so 17" steel wheel is no where to be found. i just did some research and it seems that there is a lot of people that want them just no one has them...
That's what I'm finding. I figured a model out ther must have them but I guess not.

Are there any other manufacturers or models that fit the 2012 Focus?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts