Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people lets get down to the final question of the year.
Who regrets buying the 2012 Ford Focus since it's been out? Yea I know it's a great looking car that handles nicely when it runs but from the MFT issues, paint issues, oil leaking issues, moon roof leaking issues, water getting in the car after heavy rain issues, steering issues, auto sensing windshield wiper issues, Nav issues, and the infamous transmission issues Damn lets keep it real. What the F[?|][:(!][bigcry][bash]K is going on Ford!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
No regrets. The less technology you put in a car the less problems you'll have.

·
Registered
613 Posts
NO regrets at all here! I LOVE my 5spd Ingot Silver SE Hatch w/ the 201A, Sport & Winter pkgs. It's a GREAT little car! I'm closing in on 1,900 miles BTW.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Other than the MFT and NAV problems, all those other issues you listed are not widespread. I read articles and try to stay on top of Ford, the Focus and new designs and features coming out. Other than the reviewers who are absolute American auto and Ford haters, I haven't read anything about the items on your list. If one person on this forum has an oil leak or water entering from the corner of the windshield, that doesn't mean the issues are widespread. Nothing is going on at Ford that isn't going on at every other auto maker. By the way, absolutely no regrets, my SEL 5-door has been perfect.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I don't completely regret giving up my trouble free 2010 Fusion Sport for this car---what I do regret is having to deal with the lousy, inept, slow, and unprofessional customer service Ford gives to BOTH the dealers and customers.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
No regrets. My Titanium has been perfect.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've only put 6 miles on my Titanium, since I picked it yesterday....lol.

You people will be the first to hear of any regrets, assuming I have any in the future... :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
This thread is going to turn in to another giant complainfest, lol.

No complaints here, even a fully loaded Ti. Love the car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
First off, let me say that I do really like my car.....however, all of the "joy & excitement" of new vehicle ownership evaporated almost right after taking delivery of the car. From day 1, I have been plagued by MFT issues, wide spread system meltdowns, never ending fuse pulls, numerous weekly trips back to the dealership for various reasons. My car has paint issues that have yet to be addressed, but I have been promised that they will be fixed, eventually.

If the MFT issues had not been present (or had actually been fixed) then I would be able to say that I have no regrets. On the other hand, since I'm now into my 4th month of ownership and ALL the issues have not been resolved with MFT/Navigation/Paint etc. the experience has left me feeling like maybe I should have waited until this time next year, once I was sure that Ford had rectified the MFT fiasco. Time will tell I suppose, but I honestly wish I could say that I have "NO REGRETS" because at this point in time, I can't!

·
Registered
51 Posts
No regrets at all, so far! MFT, Navi works great. Car is fun and sporty. Love the lux feel. I've only had my car a couple of days, but I made sure to get as late a build date as possible. My car was built mid-September. I'm thinking that the cars built later have far fewer of the problems other owners have reported.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have not looked back since I have traded in my Jeep for an SEL. I have gained so much and I am actually saving money by having a brand new car.

The one or two minor hiccups that I have had with the MFT is worth everything that you can get out of it. If I was to go back and do it again, I would make the same exact purchase, yes, including the MFT.

I have not have had a shred of buyer's remorse yet, which I cannot say about my Jeep.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No regrets at all, so far! MFT, Navi works great. Car is fun and sporty. Love the lux feel. I've only had my car a couple of days, but I made sure to get as late a build date as possible. My car was built mid-September. I'm thinking that the cars built later have far fewer of the problems other owners have reported.
I hope you are correct in your assumptions....good luck!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Ok people lets get down to the final question of the year.
Who regrets buying the 2012 Ford Focus since it's been out? Yea I know it's a great looking car that handles nicely when it runs but from the MFT issues, paint issues, oil leaking issues, moon roof leaking issues, water getting in the car after heavy rain issues, steering issues, auto sensing windshield wiper issues, Nav issues, and the infamous transmission issues Damn lets keep it real. What the F[?|][:(!][bigcry][bash]K is going on Ford!
Absolutely no regrets becasue I have no transmission issues, no moon roof leaking issues, no water getting into the car after heavy rain issues, no steering issues, no auto sensins windshield wiper issues, no paint issues, no oil leaking issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm still on the honeymoon phase of owning my focus, but I did have a few issues that I noticed on the 2nd day of ownership. Just some fit and finish issue. The fuse door does not sit flush. After checking it, it looks like the tech at the dealership doing the PDI may have broken the tab. Then on the 3rd day my check engine light came on, but then went away after driving the car 3 drive cycles.

·
Registered
524 Posts
No regrets here. Love this car and love the people shaking their heads in disbelief when I tell them it's a Ford Focus.[popcorn]

·
Registered
967 Posts
No issues, no regrets.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

·
Registered
241 Posts
We've had our Focus since the end of April, and it just passed 10K miles this week. It's an SE hatchback, and we have absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No regrets at all. I absolutely love this car. It's got 1,000+ miles on it now but I still get excited just to hop in and drive it. Awesome look, the tuscany interior gets complements all the time, nobody believes it's a Focus. It's not super fast but I don't need super fast, I get 30mpg city and 40mpg highway (at 70mph) on a 5spd! I've had no problems with the headliner yet, no issues with moonroof stains, no issues with MFT because I saw everyone complaining about it and wanted a 5spd anyway. It's a terrific car.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Despite my steering being off alignment and my oil leak I still love this car... After suffering with two rental cars (a 2011 civic and 2011 focus) and going back to my car I get so happy.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts