Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any promos out for the 2012 Focus?
I'm aware of the millitary bonuses, but I don't qualify. I did get the $500 recent graduate discount, but wanted to know if there is anything else that maybe I'm missing.

How about upcoming discounts? Any?

·
Registered
724 Posts
I got a $750 discount by logging onto the Ford web page and requesting a brochure. I also got $500 for financing with Ford Credit.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see any promo with the online Brochure. NO, I won't be going with Ford credit either, so I'm going to give that one up too (got a much better rate at the local bank).

Is the Technology Rebate still valid, or was that for pre-orders only?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can go with Ford credit then a month later move the loan over to wherever. $500 is real money for a tiny hassle up front. With my trade in, I only owed a few thousand for the Focus. Financed it anyways for the easy $500, but I'm just going to pay it off.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I thought about doing that. Going with FMC for two months and then getting a better loan through my bank.

But I've got a gut feeling that I'm only going to be saving about $200-$300 in the end and that it may not be worth doing such a thing. I mean, I already got an excellent deal on the car (came to a final price on the car yesterday--now they just have to get it from another dealer, but the numbers are pretty much done--I can still go with FMC and get the extra $500 off if I want... haven't decided yet).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem with FMC is that their rates are way too high. My local bank was able to beat them by several percent.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah, FMC rates are high because it is a popular car and the majority or buyers don't have good enough credit scores for low rates anywhere.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, I actually got qualified for the best rate on the list, but my bank was able to beat the heck out of their rate (because I've had plenty of car loans and accounts with them). I'm just saying that Ford's rates are purely retarded in many cases.

I can understand in these times that many people have a blemish or two on their report. But at the same time, I think the lendors like to take advantage of that too. Because they can now say that your credit is "less than perfect" no matter how "small" the blemishes are. I was also told by my lcaol dealer (for whomI purchased the car from) they told me that Ford fixes things so that most people will at least decent credit will qualify. And at which point, most won't even bother to investingate other avenues of credit (banks, credit unions, etc). I went to the banks and credit unions first for rates, and left FMC as an absolute last resort (whcih I obviously won't be using FMC now).

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, mine wasn't Xplan or whatever you were discussing. It's through my bank. And yes I too will be saving a few thousand by using them. I mean, they were able to beat the hell out of Ford's rates several times over. They actually gave me the same 36 month APR (which is much lower) for a loan of up to 72 months because I've had a few other car loans with them and I'm a long time customer, which I think is great. I think I'll be doing the 60 month loan, though, and just pay it off early.

But at least it's nice to know that not all banks or lenders try to screw you in financing. Some simply enjoy your business, and they treat you well so that you WILl come back for their services in the future. There are some local banks around where I am that would, though, and I've dealt with a few in the past, never to deal with them again, might I add.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Normally I would be glad to give you the info so you could sign up, but membership is primarily through rleationship--you have to be family member of someone who is or was in the military, and they pretty much have to get you signed up, so giving you the info wouldn't really help you much. Plus, I was told by them that the rate you receive are very competitive, but also are based on your profile with them, you financial history, and many other factors, etc, etc...

And don't ask how I ended up with such a redicously low rate, because I honestly didn't "ask" for anything specific. All I did was call them up and apply for a new car loan (of course, I have a very good record with them and have been a member with them for well over 10 years---so that may have helped a bit...)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yeah so far the rate I got was 2.9 on 60 through my bank. My dealer said he would try to get me the extra $500 but not sure how. So far I have the $750 off and the X-plan so I can't complain.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I've run the numbers with the dealer now, and actually, with the little promo rebates I'm getting ($500 from the MyFord magazine), and the excellent price the dealer gave me, I'm pretty well satisfied. yes, the more promos/rebates the better, but I've found probably the lowest price I can find in my area with the way my car is equipped.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts