Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was washing and polishing my car I noticed that it has tiny rust spots showing everywhere through the paint, My car is white though so maybe its just easier to see on mine. But I was wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing? Ive only had my car a year this september so It doesnt really make sense why I would have all these little rust spots popping up.

A friend of mine was talking to someone from a Ford dealership and they said that its a problem in the 2010s paint and they may be recalled for this problem and get a new paint job......

Anyways just wondering if anyone has the same thing going on or if anyone knows anything about the recall?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Ford employee here.

no recalls or known issues of rust in the paint.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It seemed I had weak paint on my 2010 before I got rid of it. There was a spot on my trunk lid that looked like a spiderweb crack about the size of a quarter. Then the chips were nuts, I had rock chips up on my door frame, towards the top of the car...And my paint was chipped and wearing away where the front bumper meets the front qtr panels.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
How big? Tip of a pen? Are they raised?

Probably rail dust. Try a good claybar and polish.
Yeah, id agree that rail dust is most likely her issue. i saw this alot a year ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bit bigger then the tip of a pen.. and camocustom I have those problems too lol mostly at the front bumper... But okay ill try the claybar and polish as you guys recommend.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
if you have it on your bumper, it must be rail dust

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh i was talking about the spider wed shaped crack on the bumper.
But I will still try what you guys said whenever I get the time

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I have an 08 with 41K miles and no rust issues. My car was originally purchased in Washington State and driven there for 20K miles. Then driven to El Paso, so I dont ever have to worry about rust here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Must be a Focus thing, I have a well maintained '03 and the bottoms of the doors are rotting out and it's starting on the rockers...a little seam sealer goes a long way Ford

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
Must be a Focus thing, I have a well maintained '03 and the bottoms of the doors are rotting out and it's starting on the rockers...a little seam sealer goes a long way Ford
My moms '04 Mazda MPV has rust forming at the bottom of the doors too. My '06 Fusion is clean. Both Nebraska cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts