Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a nx direct port wet kit and I was wondering if anyone is running this kit or had any feedback on it.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Very nice kit, the install is more involved, but worth the time. I have done several, just not on a focus.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking if I did this could I drill into the rubber couplings that hold the manifold on instead of the actual manifold?

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
IF you could get the nozzle to stay put and seal well.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking a thin washer and some kind of rubber o-ring on each side. I have also head that nx cant be jetted lower than 100 shoot. is that true because I just want to run a 50 for now

·
Registered
658 Posts
If you run the nozzles in the rubber couplers you might have clearance issues with the fuel rail or injectors. I am in the process of doing the same thing. The best bet IMO is to get a extra intake manifold and do the install on a good level surface, and test spray direction on a bench. I know there are some metal inserts that you can use to screw in your N2O nozzels. I am planning to do the nozzle placement on the intake runner itself away from the fuel rail.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I was thinking a thin washer and some kind of rubber o-ring on each side. I have also head that nx cant be jetted lower than 100 shoot. is that true because I just want to run a 50 for now

^^ That is in the books, but if you call them direct, they can set-you up with jetting to run a 75 shot direct port.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts