Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Enjay, if Race City is going to go Solo 2's on Secret Street night that'd be awesome. Imagine dragging then dodging pylon's, wicked. I haven't been to secret street ever(work Friday/Saturday nights in summer), but if they include Solo 2 I think I might come down with a cold... cough, cough. I have rear drums that I'd love to change over to discs. The cheapest conversion kit I've seen is on www.focusperformance.com for $945US, but there's gotta be cheaper.

Knightrider, I'm probably gonna need new rubber late spring, early summer. I've been dealing with Harper's Tire. Good people, but the deals just aren't there. They store my summer tires and wheels for free, mounting costs about $20.
I have 17" FRD wheels and 205/40 Michelin Pilot's, 15" Alpine Pilot's for the rare winter driving. To replace all 4 summers, I'm looking at $800ish. Harper's also carries Bridgestone and what else I'm not sure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yikes! That brake conversion kit looks scary! First of all, They only fit 16" or larger wheels. Second, they're 12" slotted rotors. Not good with plain 10.2" front rotors. The factory option for the rear rotors is 10" and requires different spindles than with the drum rotors. My guess is this would go with a front brake upgrade as well. With 12" rotors in the rear, you'd probably want like 12.5" or 13" in front, requiring 17" wheels. Like I said, Ball-o-wax!

I got some part numbers and prices from Ford on some of the rear disc brake components for the '01 Focus rear disc option (prices in CDN currency);

Calipers $287ea 1S4Z2553AA 574.00
Hub/bearing cap $64ea YS4Z1AO34AA 128.00
10" Rotors $153ea 1S4Z2CO26BA 306.00
Spindles $106ea 98AZ4A013BA 212.00

This is just the info I got from the guy at the Ford parts dept over the phone. Not sure how it affects the park/E-brake cables. Haven't really looked into it too much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
$1220C for the parts from ford, eh? It's only about $20C less for the conversion kit plus duty, shipping, etc. I guess the kit is a little bit over kill, especaily having rears bigger than front brakes. ha ha ha. that'd look funny [:D]

·
Registered
489 Posts
good deal. i'd like to check out race city. i've heard a lot, but like you guys, i used to work at night on the weekend, but not anymore!
i'll be there.

i know nothing about brakes and drums and rotors, i think i'm cathing a little from you guys here.
i take it the thing to do is to switch from drums to rotors. What's the differences and dis/advantages?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey everyone!

I guess I'm the newest Calgarian to join the bunch. I found this thread specifically while searching for an Alberta or even Western Canada based Focus club. Doesn't seem to really be one in existence.

Anyways, I got my 03 SVTF on November 1st. A touch under 4000 kms so far, and loving it!

Talk to you all soon! :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks!

Seems to be a lot of active Calgary members. We'll have to have some kind of g2g in the spring..... cold weather coming our way soon!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks!

Tonight I'm parking it underground for a little while.... don't care to drive it in this -25 crap we're suppose to get this weekend :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
Check it out when you get a chance! Sign up for the forums. We are doing tons of big and small events this summer, including solo2 autocross and full road course track days, both in Calgary and Edmonton. http://www.svtoa.ca

What color is your SVT?

Seems like there are a few Calgary members... would any of you guys be interested in a forum just for us? Or all of Alberta, maybe?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Parts

Hi, I have Focus ZTW with standard trans. I'm just wondering where is the best place to buy some perf. parts in town. Thanks a lot !

·
Registered
321 Posts
Tunerworks and Western Motorsports are good places to check out. There are tons of aftermarket tuner companies around town.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have not signed up for any thing yet ............... I will wait until I actually have my BLACK SVT is in my possesion! Its on its way. Just traded in my '00 ZX-3. The anticipation is killing me [?|]

We could look at possiably setting up are own site...........

Cant wait for summer

·
Registered
321 Posts
Where are you getting your car from? There is a black one available at Metro, but I think it's a demo.

I know of a red one at Cam Clark in Airdrie. That's where I got mine. I wanted black, and the only two choices were Cam Clark and Metro. The guys at Advantage are really good to deal with. They are active members of the SVTOA Alberta chapter.

I run a website of my own... if you guys want to come over and sign up, I'll create a little sub-section where we can talk about Focuses and set up Calgary/Alberta meets or whatever. http://www.impulsive-response.com

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My car is black, athough I dont realy ge it until next week. As it is I currently have a '00 ZX-3. Can't wait to get the new on. I will look forward to signing up on SVTOA. I think getting our own site could be a good idea. What ever you want, I don't know how to do that shit!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Anyone selling 15 " wheels in Cowtown

sorry Im new to the group and dont exactly know where to post this sort of thing.

the wheels can come with tires, thanks

21 - 40 of 80 Posts