Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
All right finally some local action. Too bad the weather's going for a ***** and I'm not planning on driving much this winter. I don't know what to do.... tom's turbo or trip to australia... hmm

·
Registered
489 Posts
hey Yellsaleen, is your car yellow with blue graphics on it? whale tail, and all that? if so, i've seen you quite a few times last summer in the south end of the city.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yep, that's me. i guess the car kinda sticks out. but it's not really a whale tail as such. it's more of a useless weight unless i'm going like 140kph when it creates down force. Saleen calls it the bi-wing spoiler. i think it looks cool, tho. it blocks my vision to the rear only slightly, maybe just a couple of inches.

·
Registered
489 Posts
sweet, i figured that was you...we gave each other a pound on glenmore trail last sumer.
my car is that burnt orange zx3 with the knight rider light on the front, if you remember.
what kind of enigine mods have you done?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know the car, love the knight rider light. I haven't done much under the hood to be honest. more show, i'm afraid. I'm planning on getting either Tom's turbo (www.focus-power.com) or the Gude set up (www.gude.com). No S/C for me.

But as for now, Iceman CAI, Ford Racing 9mm spark plugs, Diablo chip, 65mm FC TB, FC UDP's. Believe or not, the car is still under warranty from Frod. It does not cover the custom centre exhaust installed by The Mustang Shop, here in town. Nor the Einbach lowering springs, for that matter.

How about you? What mods have you done, or plan on doing?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mods

Hey guys, check out my cool modifications;

- Lowered rear seats
- Light weight floor mats
- Polished side mirrors
- Matched Tires
- Tuned radio (Type CJ92)
- Intermittent brakes
- Stone Chip (by Flying Rock Performance)
- variable speed throttle

Alright, ya got me. It's just stock, but if I turn the tunes up I swear my horsepower increases another 10HP! HA!

·
Registered
489 Posts
YellSaleen said:
I know the car, love the knight rider light.
thanks, it took me forever last spring to put that together...lots of trial and error.

How about you? What mods have you done, or plan on doing?
not too much so far. I have installed:

*9mm wires
*Ractive short ram intake
*tint
*Knight rider light
*Custom electronics (i have a box in the back so when i get a new electronic component, ie:neons, i plug it into this box, and it is controlled by switches that i've pre-installed...plug and play baby)
*mp3 player, mini disc changer, amp, sub
*hood scoop (non functional)

i have, but not installed yet:

*ractive strut tower brace
*65mm throttle body
*pacesetter header
*shorty antenna

future :

*diablosport stage three chip
*udp
*rims (this april)
*coilovers
*catback
*make my scoop functional

i'm also starting to dress up under my hood. I've started painting, taking my time since it's cold out.

do you find that the diablo helped you at all? or was it a waste of money? have you heard of the diablo stage 3?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The chip makes a noticable difference. Quite worth the money, I think. But what's this about a stage 3 chip? Can't say I've heard of that.

·
Registered
489 Posts
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/focusdelta.htm

check it out.
apparently you can have three settings on it (from what i understood)

1 for 87 octane
1 for 93 octane
1 to switch it completely off

sounds good, but i'd like to know more from someone who has it.
btw, where did you shop for your rims. I went to the N.E. and found some rims for 1600 including rubber and install.
I'm sure i can get a better deal somewhere, but i don't know where to look here in town.
any ideas?
I gotta get it painted too.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Enjay Racing said:
Hello there. Also from Calgary. Just got my ZX3 about a week ago.
Welcome to the focus family. this site is the greatest...anything you want to know, just do a search. If you don't find it, start a new thread, and someone will give you an answer within a day.

·
Registered
489 Posts
good deal.
are you planning on getting some bigger rims for summer?
i am, but i'm having a hard time find a good price.
so i was wondering if you'd wanna buy some at the same place and time so we could get a better deal. If we saved $150, that's still money saved right?

anyone else from calgary feel free to join.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the offer. Was going to, but then I wouldn't be able to run in H Stock for the 2004 Solo 2 season. You actually lose power when you go with bigger/heavier tires/wheels. The only reason you would want to go with bigger wheels is to accomodate bigger disc brakes. That and for looks. So, I'm just sticking with the stock 15" wheels for now. Maybe next year get some SVT wheels just for the street.
Also looking at possibly upgrading my rear drum brakes to disc, but that's a whole other ball-o-wax.
So, did you hear that Race City is going to be running some Solo 2 on Secret Street night? I'm curious to see what sort of course layout they'll have.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts