Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm on my sixth...they are crap...cant afford upgrades when putting out $60 every couple months.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Are you replacing the whole lamp or the bulb? I replaced my bulbs with Hoen H-10s but other than that I haven't touched the fogs.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't answer that. I just read that the xenonmatch are the ones that match the HIDs [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Do you mean the whole svt lamp? If so, yes, because theyre glass. All it takes is a small rock to pop it. I just get mine covered under warranty, lol. I wish they made them from lexan, that wouldnt happen anymore.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
I am only on my second, but i have only had the car for a year, lol. I have been getting them off eBay and they are of decent quality.

One thing i have been debating is getting some laminx for them....if you go directly to their site, you can buy 10mil clear!! That seems like it would add a little cushion fo' shizzle.

also, not to highjack the thread...but to do it anyway [:p]... if I put silverstars in my headlights, what bulbs would match in the fogs?

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Frush, do they really work? Ive seen them but was wondering if that could really work?

·
Registered
622 Posts
STOP TOUCHING THEM! If they're burning out that badly your touching the glass with your hands (no matter how slight) and the oils from your hands are superheating and cracking the glass. Simple as that. Where some latex gloves when installing any HID lamps.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
cliff4ever said:
STOP TOUCHING THEM! If they're burning out that badly your touching the glass with your hands (no matter how slight) and the oils from your hands are superheating and cracking the glass. Simple as that. Where some latex gloves when installing any HID lamps.
That goes for ANY light bulb.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Cliff, I believe he is talking about the outer lens...not on the bulb. I have broken two this year and my roomate had a sport trac with the same lights...he was busting the lenses all the time from people kicking up rocks.

·
Registered
814 Posts
i am still on my stock lenses...sure a bit pitted but never cracked as of yet. I guess you people have rougher more rock filled roads than i do? Or i am just very lucky.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Watch, youll break one now, lol, knock on wood.lol

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
i was leaving the hospital after my g/f checked out from having the baby, and mine were yellow btw, and i walked around the front, and i was like WTFHGDMFH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and everything in between. a rock hit so hard, it didnt crack, but there were l;arge pieces of glass missing, so i bought 2 new ones, and im gonna buy 2 more, for yellow again. whats the upgrade light? any company make a bolt in replacement, thats like high quality or anything?

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
same here, ohio roads are shit with lots of road work and tar and rock chips all over the place(not to mention potholes) and i'm still on my factory fogs just upgraded the bulbs with hyper whites or something from autozone($20 total i think?) which havn't burnt out yet either. i've had my car for 2 years now coming up on aug 8th.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts