Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since ive had these new halo projectors on for the last two nights ive had people flash their brights at me, im guessing to tell me to dim my lights. And there isn't much i can do for them, its just that their that bright. Next time i think ill throw on my high beams and blind them. What do you think?[paranoid]

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had people stomp on their brake pedal repeatedly to "warn" me of the bright lights, however when I flash the high beams, they simply move over and fade out via the rear view mirror. No one has flashed their high beams at me coming from the opposite direction. It too will hurt slightly when I flash back.
Many people don't like them, but the view I get from the driver's seat - it seems the lights are pointed as low to the ground as possible. Sometimes it seems they are a bit too low to see some things coming up ahead of you.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Happens to me but I think my driver side headlight came from the dealer aimed a little high. Oh well, I'm not about to fix it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have the same problem except that I have H4 bulbs in both my headlights and foglights. Ford doesn't make an aftermarket bulb for the SVT foglight so I had to modify it to fit it in the socket. Probably not the wisest decision but oh well! At least I can see!

·
Registered
76 Posts
well I said screw everyone else if they want to show that they have bright I show them I have brighter lights I have flipped them the bird too even thought of turning around and them putting on the brights but it is just instink that I flip mine on back at them I had a 97 f-150 any i had the same problem but I did sit higher

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
as most of you have alluded, the lights probably aren't properly aligned. OR, the lights are of low quality and produce lots of glare. I've had a few different sets of headlights on my last jetta and they were all high quality hellas that would outshine ANY halogen bulb out there...and I never got flashed.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
dude ya i had those lights in aligned for awhile and people would just go off on me. follow these directions http://www.ofoc.ca/hid/step06.html lol ya man the reason the flash u is cause u have H7 bulbs with a projector lens shining there eyes. Wait till u have that shining on the road it's awsome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
with the mach's you get it all the time. they flash you then you REALLY light em up with yours and you can see them shield their eyes in their cars[8D]

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
well the hi beam o nthe machs are just an H1 bulb i have the same

·
Registered
21 Posts
yea but for some reason they shine quite high, they are "brighter" to the oncoming driver's eyes then the hids

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Never had anyone throw on their brights 2 me except for when a cops around [thumb]
yeah but the HID makes a big difference after using the HID if i drive someone elses care at night i wanna die cause i can't see anything compared 2 my car

·
Registered
875 Posts
The dissenters will stop bitching the instant their brand-new, HID-equipped car saves them from hitting a deer because they SAW the damned thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If your HIDs aren't properly oriented, they aren't doing what they're supposed to do. They should have a perfect spread and evenly light everything in it, and if other people are getting annoyed they're either stupidly jealous or you aren't getting the performance you should. If they are set right, then hi-beam the jealous ppl, they deserve it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
When I had HID's in my grand prix and I PROPERLY aligned them I got flashed and honked at 4 times in 2 blocks from my house [thumbd] so I had to keep them as low as I could, but I can't wait to get them in my projectors, I love being able to see at night... even at the expense of oncoming traffic [}:)]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts