Focus Fanatics Forum banner

141 - 160 of 230 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Yeah, it was pretty boring watching them ride around on the outside this time. These new Gen6 cars are pretty aero sensitive, making them hard to pass & push another car. And they really dance around alot. So we're back to pack racing= ok, nascar make it easier for them to pass then. Idk, if you guys remember when nascar had the teams put a air deflecter on their roofs above the window, 'bout 5-6'' tall, 'bout 10 or so yrs ago, just on the 2 big tracks. I'm not saying to go back to that. It just seems like your there watching for the big one= wreck & the pit stops. Then you get down to the last 20-30 laps, to see how the race unfolds.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
they need to make the spoilers bigger. they probably wouldn't wobble around so much in the rear but it's whatever i guess. I know NASCAR is all about the fans, but i'd rather watch for good racing, not crashes like every other fan out there.

·
Meh.
10,587 Posts
It was a live and learn race for NASCAR. No one knew what the racing would be like before the event, and now that they know, I'm sure some meaningful changes can be made.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
It was a live and learn race for NASCAR. No one knew what the racing would be like before the event, and now that they know, I'm sure some meaningful changes can be made.
Nascar saw what happenned in practice sessions & could of changed or tweek the aero package. Look how nascar changed the cooling package yrs ago, when the teams spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on cooling systems to be able to push another car around w/o issues. Hendrick/RCR/Roush spent over 100.000 to do that & nascar cut the cool cap. down & had a blow off valve at 30-32 lbs. It would have been great if the drivers could get out & pass. Pack racing is great, but I like the old sling shot pass. Yeah, Earnhart Jr did pass a few cars on the last lap. You guys did see how those cars were dancing around in the draft. The way there are now, It does put it in the drivers hands= car control. I guess= I like the passing= slicing & dicing.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Kyle Bushe won the Nationwide race today at Phoenix.[lockdance]

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
So. How do you all feel about this whole Denny Hamlin thing?

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
I think it's BS... He wasn't overly critical or negative

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
I bought some cool memorabilia off of eBay...

nice [thumb]

but really. he didn't say anything wrong. And everyone knows that these cars are unpassable, just look at the daytona race. it was boring. all he really said was that they were back to wear they started with the gen 5 car and it will improve...c'mon NASCAR.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
nice [thumb]

but really. he didn't say anything wrong. And everyone knows that these cars are unpassable, just look at the daytona race. it was boring. all he really said was that they were back to wear they started with the gen 5 car and it will improve...c'mon NASCAR.
We'll see at Bristol.[lockdance]

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
Bristol looking good so far.
Kyle Busch, got Bristol yesterday & on the pole today. Lets see if he can get it done today. 2 groove track. Pass on the bottom= you need your car set up for middle & off the corner to get it done. Bummer 'bout Danica, starting 43rd.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,321 Posts
You guys watching? Kyle Busch is on the pole= yipee, lets see if he can pull it off. Got to go.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Dont watch like i use to. I sleep sundays for night shift so i miss alot of whats goin on.

141 - 160 of 230 Posts