Focus Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 230 Posts

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Wow. Ricky and Danica are dating.

OK. I have lost interest already. Can we please move on already. I don't even know why anyone cares in the first place. [facepalm]
Hang in there a little bit longer= Daytona speed weeks coming up. Yipeeeeeeee [woot][wiggle][hihi][headbang][:)[thumb][cheers]

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Wow. Ricky and Danica are dating.

OK. I have lost interest already. Can we please move on already. I don't even know why anyone cares in the first place. [facepalm]

It's fodder for the Danica haters and the it brings attention to the sport so it will make the news since this country loves headlines.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Any thoughts on the new G6 cars? They really look awesome, huh. Lets see how these G6 cars race, huh.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I can already see big trouble coming with the bumpers not matching up. They've mentioned it quite a bit about the curved front bumper knocking the front car out of shape. I do like the new look. At least they appear to look different from one another. We'll see how it shakes out tomorrow in the twins.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Just go up & side draft them & they spin out= edwards 99 & Newman 39 did today.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Can't wait for the duals tomorrow and most importantly the 500 on Sunday. Nascar is back and I'm happy, happy, happy.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Danica hits the P1 for Daytona.
At least she can live up to some of the hype for a couple weeks before falling back into mediocrity in the regular season.

I can already see big trouble coming with the bumpers not matching up. They've mentioned it quite a bit about the curved front bumper knocking the front car out of shape. I do like the new look. At least they appear to look different from one another. We'll see how it shakes out tomorrow in the twins.
The bumpers on the car before the Car of Tomorrow were the same way so I don't think it will be a problem for long. The drivers will be a able to figure something out pretty quickly.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
At least she can live up to some of the hype for a couple weeks before falling back into mediocrity in the regular season.

The bumpers on the car before the Car of Tomorrow were the same way so I don't think it will be a problem for long. The drivers will be a able to figure something out pretty quickly.
I was just going on the info from the Sprint Unlimited race and some practice issues. They were talking about the front bumper being an issue. Watching the 150's now on the internet. No SpeedTV on my cable system.
http://www.justin.tv/besweeet28#/w/4925777360/4

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Bummer Kyle Bush ran out of time in the truck race= last lap crash.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
JJ got the win, Danica led a lap & finished 8th. She had a fast car. Kenseth & Busch had issues w/ their Toyota's & they were fast. Big wreck to out Stewart, Edwards & others. The new cars seem like they are aero senitive & they can't pass.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
anyone else think that race was boring?

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Well there was a lot of factors. Crashing was minimal but not surprising that there would be more in this race then really all the restrictor plate races last year. They raced in a single file the whole race all the way to half way of the last lap. All fox really focused on was Danica (who did a good job but cmon o and she can't leave the pits to save her life) the fords were barely seen all day until keselowski and biffle started making moves. The overhead camera was awesome...mmm the fact that dodge wasn't there was just lame...idk this wasn't as hype as they portrayed it to be.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Early on the Toyotas were strong then several key player blew their motors thus taking some of race ending drama with them.
I'm glad Patrick made a race out of things as alot of people figured she'd finish in the middle of the pack or simply crash but really she was a top 10 racer all day.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
that race was pretty much dominated by chevy's. all the fords somehow ended up crashing into each other (if anyone didn't notice) [facepalm] I feel really bad for edwards. 5 wrecks that weren't even his fault all of speed weeks? and the fact that toyota's fastest were out of the gibbs camp but failed to finish just made it even more boring.

as for danica, she did great. and i'm not saying restrictor plate racing is easy, but it is restrictor plate racing. we'll see how she does on these shorter tracks. not doubting her skill, but we'll see. I think she might get a win this season. If it wasn't for her horrible burnouts out of pit lane then she would probably have a better chance of winning.

121 - 140 of 230 Posts