Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 230 Posts

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
On a different note, Is RPM or the #78 guy's, Robbie Gordon or Phoenix racing going w/ Dodge next yr? Or anyone else? Is Penske going to keep building Dodge engine's? Or is Dodge going to buy Penske's Dodge engine shop? Their '13 car looks awesome.
Dodge announced about a month or so ago that is was leaving Nascar at the end of the season. There just weren't any viable teams available to make that continued investment in Nascar worth it in the near future. Nascar will be a three horse field for the foreseeable future.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Who do you think is going to win today race? I have to go with Smoke [woot], he is do for some good luck. Denny Hamlin also has a very good car but is starting to far back. I think the top Ford driver today is going to be Carl Edwards but I dont think he can win it....... but you never know. [thumb]

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Who do you think is going to win today race? I have to go with Smoke [woot], he is do for some good luck. Denny Hamlin also has a very good car but is starting to far back. I think the top Ford driver today is going to be Carl Edwards but I dont think he can win it....... but you never know. [thumb]
DVR'd the race to watch football. Just started watching the race (I'm at lap 31) and I hope for Smoke to win, but I have a feeling after last week Kyle Bush may just pull it off or Gordon. Anyone except 5-time!

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
DVR'd the race to watch football. Just started watching the race (I'm at lap 31) and I hope for Smoke to win, but I have a feeling after last week Kyle Bush may just pull it off or Gordon. Anyone except 5-time!
I hear ya. We do not need a 6-time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
OK guys & gals, the chase is heating up and my FAN pick for today is Smoke and I hope & pray he wins today!

My commentator pick is (I fricken hate saying it) but Mr. Five time Jimmie Johnson.

Guys to look out for...
Clint (the comedian) Boyer
4-time champion Jeff Gordon

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well my fellow FF Nascar fans we have a big wildcard race today at Talladega that could decide the chase. I'm pumped up & getting ready to start watching the race.

My #1 pick for today is Dale Jr since he's always good at Talladega and qualified decently.

#2 pick is Smoke with a great 4th place qualifying effort and has had a great car all weekend.

Just bought my tixs for the Martinsville race (#6 of the 10 chase races). Driving from Indianapolis, IN to Martinsville, VA (10 hour drive) but it will be well worth it. Love the short track racing!

Bogity, bogity, bogity; let's go Super Speedway racing!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
It already started. [slap] lol

I'm going with Bayne today. I know it's a long shot but he looks really good so far in the race.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Bayne for today's win.

Keselowski for the championship

I feel like the cameras are having a hard time keeping up with these guys

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Really looking for a Ford victory though. But ones already got damage [facepalm] too bad for Edwards. Just isn't his season...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I'm a Ford guy thru & thru but when it comes to Nascar Smoke's my #1 and I like several other drivers, but the Ford guys... except Carl are non-interesting/boring even though they run good and in the chase, etc.

If I was in Vegas right now though, I'd be puttin my $ on Bowyer or Johnson for the championship (and I'm no 5-time fan/far from it).

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Goodness. This is one of the most intense races I've seen all year. Even in the pits. Love talladega!

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Your right. This race has been awesome so far. Only a matter of time before something snaps again.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
i didn't get to watch it :( but they were rolling pretty fast too. i did manage to catch the national anthem which was awesome.

its really hard to believe kurt busch brought RFR a championship...his attitude needs to change. as a first responder, i don't think they should have to deal with his mess. good on nascar for parking him.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I used to be a Kurt fan in his later days at Roush but he has really gone downhill in the past few years. I don't know if simply can't handle frustration or what but he is a case right now. It's a shame because he is still a good driver if only he could handle himself better and prove that he's worthy of a top tear ride again. Blowing your top doesn't make teams want you to drive for them.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
my thoughts exactly. great driver, bad attitude. even his brother has learned how to contain that anger

lol harvick and biffle both ran 202...i remember when the cars struggled to get to 190. these things are hitting those speeds no problem.

EDIT: noticed that ambrose has been creeping up there too...maybe he can pull off the win? sure hope so

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
wow...

THIS RACE IS SO CRAZY!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
holy crap that was huge..... the whole field crashed. i think i saw a car flip. and now jimmie is hitching a ride with jr.

o...AND A FORD WON!!!! GO KENSETH!!!!!

61 - 80 of 230 Posts