Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Denny Hamlin for the win!! oh wait,guess it doesn't count after the race is over!![cheers] I am a nascar fan,mostly because speed channel doesn't show enough dirt races,I am dirt late model/modified race fan first,If I have time to watch NASCAR after that,so be it. I have put over 10,000 miles on my focus this summer chasing dirt races,even went to the tri city pontoon beach lucas oil late model show they showed on speed channel a couple weeks ago. That is awesome racing!! Well worth the 2.5 hour drive and fighting St louis traffic!! My job has slowed down this summer,so I have had the opportunity to travel to just about every dirt track within 250 miles from my house,and some of them several times. ok,Back to NASCAR and some of the topics being discussed here. AJ? yeah,total bonehead move!! He can be back if he wants to be,but he had a better open wheel career then he had in nascar,so he could do well there if he wanted to. Bristol? been to the spring race twice, several years ago before Bruton messed with it and screwed it up. party central for sure!![drinking] As far as Stewart goes,old dog with big bark and no bite. He knows he can't afford to take Kennseth out every week,because paybacks are a bitch!! he already backed that down. There is a pedal in the middle that can be as easily used as the one on the right. He could have gotten out of the gas when he was coming out of the corner and saw he was going to get squeezed,but he chose not to. Plenty of the race left if he wanted to pay Kennseth back the right way. Although with the new track,looks like the bump and run still isn't back like Bruton planned. Who is my favorite driver? anybody driving a FORD of course!![thankyou] As far as the rules go,yes I am of the group that believes "run what ya brung". If you didn't bring enough this week,bring more next week!! Get rid of the cookie cutter cars that have to fit the same template!!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
went to the richmond race. this was the video i got. didn't stay for the whole race though because i came unprepared for rain and wet shoes and cold don't mix

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
The Chase is on! My pick for Chicagoland (being a Ford guy) is Carl Edwards. But look out for Clint Bowyer he could get two in a row.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'd put my money on Biffle. He's got the most going for him at this race, at least within the Ford camp.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Today at Chicago, I'm going with Smoke (my #1 driver) for the win!

As far as The Chase goes, if I were a betting man I'd put my $ on Denny Hamlin.

Would love to see Jr win today as well. Should be a good race!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Well, I guess I was very wrong about Hornish. He is doing a heck of a job right now.
Hornish has done an AWESOME job in the #22 every since dipshit/drug addict AJ Allmendinger decided he wanted to ruin his career. I think Sam Hornish got screwed by Penske not giving him a chance to run the #22 next year AND I'm not a Sam Hornish fan per say.

Well today at Chicago for the 1st race of the chase was good but kind of a boring race, IMO. Not a huge Gordan fan either but man that guy has NO LUCK what so ever this year! He was running in the top 5 all day until his accelerator pedal stuck halfway and put him in the wall. He had one the fastest cars out there and prolly woulda won?

I'm pulling for Smoke to repeat and compile his 4th championship or to see Jr finally win a championship!

Looking forward to next week at Loudon, always a good race! Post up your predictions next weekend before the race.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that the champion will come from the Hendrick camp (including Stewart/Hass). They definitely have it going for them right now.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Out of the four Hendrick drivers I would realy like to see Dale Jr. win it. This chase is going to be very very close again this year. And out of the Roush drivers I have to stick with the Biff. [thumb]
Ok for my pick to win the chase......... Tony Stewart. After what he did last year in the chase, he is the champ untill someone takes it away from him.
[scratch]I see that nobody is picking a driver from Michael Waltrip racing. I think Clint Bower is the dark horse in the chase. With a little good luck who knows.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
dipshit/drug addict AJ Allmendinger
well that was unnecessary...

i'm going for the biff. if not, bad brad. I didn't like him before, but the dude has proved himself. One of my favorite drivers out there regardless if he's in a dodge. I really want him to show that dodge is still part of the big three. keep the chargers. I wanna say 4 new cars next year!

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts

?

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
dale jr deserves a chamionship. not my driver but hes earned the rights to another one.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Well, I guess I was very wrong about Hornish. He is doing a heck of a job right now.
Yeah, He sure is. ^^^^ Thats a bummer that the captain bumped him out at the end of the season. He's really coming on strong too.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
On a different note, Is RPM or the #78 guy's, Robbie Gordon or Phoenix racing going w/ Dodge next yr? Or anyone else? Is Penske going to keep building Dodge engine's? Or is Dodge going to buy Penske's Dodge engine shop? Their '13 car looks awesome.

41 - 60 of 230 Posts