Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I’ve got a 2012 Focus Ti with a 5-speed and close to 160k. I’ve never had any mechanical issues with it, and have just kept up on the routine maintenance. Are there any known “Gotcha” issues for the Focus that I need to start worrying about? Obviously the biggest one is the DCT, but I don’t need to worry about that.

The other reason for my question is that I’ve recently been looking at purchasing a 2013 Taurus Limited because I’d like some more space. The word in the forums is that the 3.5 v6 has an internal water pump that’s expensive to replace and tends to start leaking at higher mileage.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Taurus, but now I’m wondering if I should just hold onto my Ti a little longer.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'd change the coolant and spark plugs if you don't know the last time they were changed. Otherwise, the only common things seem to be the evap purge valve and the passenger mount. Both easy/cheap fixes.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd change the coolant and spark plugs if you don't know the last time they were changed. Otherwise, the only common things seem to be the evap purge valve and the passenger mount. Both easy/cheap fixes.
Thanks. Both of those are already on my list. I’ve already got the plugs. Just need to install them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The other reason for my question is that I’ve recently been looking at purchasing a 2013 Taurus Limited because I’d like some more space. The word in the forums is that the 3.5 v6 has an internal water pump that’s expensive to replace and tends to start leaking at higher mileage.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Taurus, but now I’m wondering if I should just hold onto my Ti a little longer.
I've seen tons of people say the Taurus is surprisingly small on the inside considering its physical size. I haven't been in one to confirm, and don't know if you have... A Fusion might be a better compromise, but stay away from AWD models since the PTU likes to cook itself due to Ford's shitty placement. Not having a car payment is nice but the want for more space may justify a payment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts