Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Apple has released the third beta of iOS5 I am curious if anyone is a beta tester or developer and has tried their iPhone with the MFT/Sync system?

I believe that one thing that Apple have finally addressed in this new release is the ability to send song/artist/album information over Bluetooth AVRCP to stereos, so that should start to work at a minimum.

I'm also curious if they have done anything to address the lack of MMS/SMS integration with Sync.

I only recently discovered all of the iPhone limitations with Sync/MFT in reading threads and it's a bit of a let down for me, as I love my iPhone and don't plan on swapping it for Android just to get better capabilities with the Sync setup.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I mean I can't speak for the SMS functionality of the iPhone but I am using an iPhone converted to an iPod(got the Motorola Atrix) and I have no problems with everything else.

Also the SMS functionality with my Atrix works from time to time i.e. sometimes I'll actually get the text messages, when I write a text message from my car and send it it sends "sending fail" but then my friends will get the text a couple of days later lol

·
Registered
109 Posts
If you plug the iPhone into the USB port and use it as an iPod, can you still use it for phone calls over bluetooth or does it disable the phone capability? (p.s. - I don't have an iPhone but may get the iPhone 5 when it comes out)

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
If you plug the iPhone into the USB port and use it as an iPod, can you still use it for phone calls over bluetooth or does it disable the phone capability? (p.s. - I don't have an iPhone but may get the iPhone 5 when it comes out)
When plugged into the USB it still operates as a phone.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
im interested in the iOS5. can't wait to get it on my iPhone 4

1 - 6 of 6 Posts