Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i know everybody loves the sound and everything of the AEM cold air intake, i know i do, but is there any other intake out there that will get me more hp and tq than the what i have now, i also switched the filter to a k&N.

akso i was loooking at the volant intake system, i like the design in the isolated box but does it work well??

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
trust me you got the best of both worlds right now. a drop in with the stock svt intake will perform just as good as an aftermarket exhaust. If u "gotta" have the noise... just remove the resonator from the airbox. that'll give u just as much intake noise as a CAI. check this out.

http://ojengineering.com/dyno-results-details.php?DynoID=12

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the aem cold air intake right now, but trust me, just removing the resonator doesnt give you near the noise the cai does, ive done that when i had my stock air box, but i was just wondering, it being summer time, here in memphis we have crazy high humidity and it hot as hell so the intake is sucking in hot air from outside making me loose power, man i hate summer, i remember winter time, it pulled like a bat out of hell.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ive had the drop in on my svt with removed resonator, even cut the airbox, but it doesnt compare to my AEM CAI. its just...well, not "rigged" i like the aem better. more professional IMO. but who cares. all that matters is you get there, not how you did.

·
Registered
284 Posts
stock airbox isnt near as good. if it was, most people would swap back in the stock one and sell their aem intake immediately..anyone who uses a cai can attest to that. it makes the biggest difference in the summertime..humid air and NA engines dont go together..so getting the coolest air is of utmost importance.

also, the intake tube creates velocity, actually moving the air into the engine at a quicker speed.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I miss my AEM CAI....although the constant fear of hydrolock kinda scarred me. But the sound made up for it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts