Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning to notice it's time for some new shocks, springs on my 01, mainly up front.. I also wanna lower my car as well. But I figure if I'm gonna get a new setup why not lower it at the same time. Idk a whole lot about springs and shocks and all that, so would I have to buy a lowering kit? Or just springs and all that junk? Lol

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? How big of a drop do you want? Do you care about ride stiffness?

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Insanes's questions are definitely the beginning point and bar bones info needed to make suggestions. However, knowing that most people are budget constrained, the two most probable kits are the SVT kit mentioned earlier and the Ford racing kit. The SVT Kit is around 250.00 (springs, shocks, and larger rear sway bar) and the Ford Racing kit is 370.00 or so for shocks and springs. Expect a half inch drop with the SVT kit and a 1.5 inch drop with the Ford racing kit. Don't let the half inch drop of the SVT kit scare you away. At that prive you won't get better performance for the buck while maintaining decent ride comfort and ground clearance (you won't have to crawl over speed bumps with this kit).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good, smooth ride matters to me cause thats what my car is like now. Ive been thinkin about the SVT kit for the longest time.. and its not a bad price either; $305 is what I saw it for on the Ford Racing site, I know that they get their money's worth cause its from Ford. Lol

But a few hundred like that wouldnt be a bad price range for me. I know mods like this arent cheap at all. A 1 to 1.5in drop sounds good!

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
A good, smooth ride matters to me cause thats what my car is like now. Ive been thinkin about the SVT kit for the longest time.. and its not a bad price either; $305 is what I saw it for on the Ford Racing site, I know that they get their money's worth cause its from Ford. Lol

But a few hundred like that wouldnt be a bad price range for me. I know mods like this arent cheap at all. A 1 to 1.5in drop sounds good!
You'll find that several of our vendor/sponsors sell the Kit for a lot less. Sales as low as 250.00 are fairly common.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh okay great, sounds like the SVT Kit is best for what Im tryna do.. But idk about the drop, will half an inch do it justice?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that I look at it, it looks like it sits pretty nice. Low enough to give an effect, but not too low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts