Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm from baytown and am torn between a shorty header and a race.... the only thing I'm worried about is the emissions...... this being the first car I've ever really thought about fixing up I'm a little worried..... any feedback id appreciate it thanks....[?|]

·
Registered
96 Posts
is baytown in houston? cause if it is, then go with shortys because it sucks to be changing out the headers for the emisions test. if not, then go with race headers, i made a mistake by buying the jba shortys because of the same reason, but i switched over and there is a big difference in power, but then again i live in the rgv and we don't have those test here and i know the guy that does my inspection sticker

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks really appreciate the input let you know how it turns out...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i was I've been looking for a chip and haven't had much luck finding one is their any one that can point me in the right direction

·
Registered
96 Posts
man bro, you got many options, i bought my from focussport and it cost me 309 shipped, and on that chip you can put 2 programs. it made a difference in my performance also and i love it. go to that website and it tells you everthing what the chip can do or go with a programer, it cost u more, but i heard its worth it. good luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
also i just noticed on ur sig that u have a 2.5 exhaust, man bro unless u have a bigger motor or f/i, ur actually losing power. u should stick with a 2.25 so ur car can proform a little better.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey thanks... ill look into to the ehaust part.... a guy at work who drives a matrix said 2.5 would do just fine...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the exhaust is welded from the flex pipe back....... its got 5 or 6 bends

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sr focus you wher talking about the chip for my car what would be good settings for my atx

·
Registered
530 Posts
Dont even waste your money!

Dude not to be an Ass! but dont even waste your money, if you have an se with a SPI engine your screwed there is nothing you can do to make that car run NOTHING i had an SPI and it suck i kept it and went all look then i bought my SVT best choice i ever made [}:)]

Good Luck with your car and your future upgrades hope you find things i didnt [thumb]

·
Registered
96 Posts
jakobvolcom said:
sr focus you wher talking about the chip for my car what would be good settings for my atx
actually, the company already progams ur settings for the auto. a freind of mine had a auto zx3 with chip and cams and the rest of the bolt ons and he was beating std cars and kept up with a svtf, but if u have the spi check out www.newedgeperformance.com. that guy has parts for the spi.

·
Registered
96 Posts
jakobvolcom said:
hey thanks... ill look into to the ehaust part.... a guy at work who drives a matrix said 2.5 would do just fine...
yeah for him, but not yours, trust me on this

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i have the 16v 2.0 zetec....just put in an order for a 2" drop should have it next friday....i might bbe making a trip down to rgv here in sept. san juan area

·
Registered
530 Posts
Cool, maybe when your down Sr, me and a couple friends could crusie @

·
Registered
96 Posts
jakobvolcom said:
well i have the 16v 2.0 zetec....just put in an order for a 2" drop should have it next friday....i might bbe making a trip down to rgv here in sept. san juan area
that will be cool, just pm focalized with ur number and then he can call us to meet up, laterz

1 - 16 of 16 Posts