Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas?

So this morning after I started my car the abs, the traction control and the parking brake lights all fluttered and then stayed on. Everything is still working fine so is there some sort of sensor that may have gone to cause all 3 lights to stay on? I've got an extended warranty but I was hoping it may be something simple as I don't have a whole lot of time to be waiting at the dealer just to find out what it is

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
lights going crazy

my traction control, ABS, and brake lights on the dash keep coming on I took it to the dealer and they replaced the ABS switch ,but they all keep going on and off has anyone else had this problem and is it doing any damage or are the dash lights just tweaking out on me?[???:)]

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Moved to ”Ford Focus Technical Chat”...
Wo...that's 2 people with the same problem in less than a week...

Have you checked fuse #46?? (ABS and TC)
Is the TC light on too?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
would that make my brake light come on too? thanks I'll check it

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
i just took mine to the dealer after a day of test they said it was the abs switch but after they replaced it it is still doing it let me now how you make out

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
yeah i just shecked out his post i just got the car back yesterday ,I haven't had a chance to get back up there yet. when I took it up their the first time they said it tripped a few engine codes. Thank god for extended warrenties

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I assume you have checked the brake/clutch fluid reservoir level? Are you sure the fluid level sensor connector is not loose? I was under the impression that the only two things that would trigger the "brake" light were the handbrake being on or low fluid.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
thats cool with me

Moderator Edit:
Merged SVTJerbo's and witchcitySVT's questions into one thread.
Thanks.

·
Registered
813 Posts
This sounds like a lose grounding wire to me. During regular vehicle operation the wire will make contact with other metals and temporarily complete the circuit causeing lights to flicker. You may want take a look at the relays also.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
i called the dealer their going to speak with the tech .I've started a panic in the focus comunity.The car is going back to the dealer this wednesday if anyone finds a solution before then please post it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for merging the threads, I stopped watching though because I posted before I had looked at anything so that same day I opened up the hood and low and behold an animal had made a nest where the stock airbox used to be. This is bizarre because I drive my car twice a day everyday sometimes more. Whatever made it wasn't there but I had about 2 arm loads of leaves/newspaper/twigs and various wire covers etc. It chewed through a number of different wires so my alarm is all screwy and mostly doesn't work as well. I've yet to make it to the dealer because I've been so busy. SO that explains my problems

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
I have no animals under my hood[?|]

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Wednesday 5:50pm: car droped off this morning at 10:00am dealer called at 2:30pm answer on problem "we don't know yet ,but we are going to keep the car over night" [bash] [boxface] [chair] stay tuned for more exciting info.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
maybe it's cuz you live in Salem. Isn't that where all the witch trials were? Maybe your car has a haunted electrical system.

**yes, I know, that was an exceedingly dumb comment**

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Its over its done my comp orange 2003 svt ford focus has been cured[cheers] [drinking] [woot] the abs switch they orginally used was found to be DEFECTIVE sooooooooo now i'm back to normal and to top everything off I smoked me a honda with a big retarted wing on the way home from the dealer .the clouds have parted and the lord shineth down on my soul .can I get an amen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts