Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious who else out there collects. Sure I have all the usual models anyone collects, the treasure hunts and the super treasure hunts and any other models deemed to be valuable. I dont sell any just collect. I collect the regular models too. I'm sure a few of you have found focus models. There are quite a few. Currently I have a red focus rs from last year, regular model and the super treasure hunt version, I have a green rs from a few years ago, Got a green rs from this year in the easter series, also got an orange and black 08 coupe from this years models. Even dug up a few first gen models from way back, both are drag cars with a big ass wing on them. Who else collects focus models in particular. I'm sure some of yall have way more than what I have found

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I've got 3,000 some 1:64 and ~100 1:16.
I stopped 'collecting' when the big tire models came out (2005'ish).

I bought retail and tried to put together complete sets, including variations and Treasure Hunts. I'm close for a few years but missing enough where the sets are worthless.
Don't plan on finding/finishing them off. Now I just want to get rid of them. But it's tough finding someone to buy them all in one shot; locally at least.

I had most all the Focus cars (all scales) in the MK1 generation. Sold a couple of the 1:16 ones so now I'm a few colors short. Still have quite a few though.

·
Rhinoliner!!!
2,577 Posts
moved ya down to Diecast cars. ive got a few. fiance cant seem to keep herself from buying them, if its an xB, shes gotta have it. dont know why tho, all they do is sit in a box in the closet lol

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had no idea this section existed. Focus models are cool. i try and pick them up when I find them. All I have is a few 1:64 models. I'd like to see some of these bigger models you have

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
I do!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Just picked me up a new this morning
70 celica gt....haven't had a chance to get it on my hot wheels drag strip yet....had a hot wheels ford thunder bolt was un beatin champ for years then one of my johnny lightning road runners kicked its butt.so I'll see how it fairs...got probly 200-300 of the damn things...
got them every where plus my daughter has all the CARS cars....

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
What do you do with so many hot wheels? on display somewhere? Do you have something planned for them?

Just in containers now because apt. But I bought a 4 bedroom house (thread for that else where), when I'm done renovating one room is going to be for all my cars for display. Just for my personal colleen to hand down to my kids later in life.

My dad has a huge collection for me, once he passes. He lives in Alabama he said his is up to 30,000 hotwheels. I haven't seen him in person since I was 13 and he had probably 15,000 back then so I don't doubt it. Most of his are redlines from the 60's and '70s.

·
Vault Delinquent
2,242 Posts
Just in containers now because apt. But I bought a 4 bedroom house (thread for that else where), when I'm done renovating one room is going to be for all my cars for display. Just for my personal colleen to hand down to my kids later in life.

My dad has a huge collection for me, once he passes. He lives in Alabama he said his is up to 30,000 hotwheels. I haven't seen him in person since I was 13 and he had probably 15,000 back then so I don't doubt it. Most of his are redlines from the 60's and '70s.

That is pretty cool!.... I usually just opened them and crashed them... even the ones that were hard to find like my lambos.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
I have a lot of opened ones I've gotten at flea markets I usually try to keep them in the large hotwheels carrying cases but those are all over filled. I still have lots of opened ones in bags I need to sort through.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I've got bunch opened. .bunch unopened..the poor ol thunder bolt drag strip champ is missin half its grill (bad drag racin crash) been down strip so many times all its contingency stickers gone n chrome rubbed off wheels so its pretty rough..but 12 year strip champ!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glassmaker I'm so jealous of your focus, fiesta collection. You have a few of the older 08's that i never had. I had kinda stopped collecting a while back but picked up back really hard last year. I've gotten all the focus fiestas from this year and last. Except for the new fiesta that is a treasure hunt. I need to find it. I also got the red RS you have in the super treasure hunt version. Its really sweet. I probably have a few thousand hotwheels myself. My grandpaw has much much more. Hes already said they are mine one day.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This bad boy right here. My prize of my focus collection

[/IMG]

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just my foci and fiestas. I have some new one too that I haven't taken pics of yet.

Its not uncommon for me to leave with that many as well. Currently all mine are stored away with a few of my prized ones on display. One day I want to have a room with them or something. Good find on that error card by the way.

·
REVOLT.BUILD.RISE
8,424 Posts
Just my foci and fiestas. I have some new one too that I haven't taken pics of yet.

Its not uncommon for me to leave with that many as well. Currently all mine are stored away with a few of my prized ones on display. One day I want to have a room with them or something. Good find on that error card by the way.
Thanks, I have a few other errors a camaro zr1 with a plastic eye hook in the grill and wheel well. One of the '08 RS is a paint error (RS is missing on the side). Monte SS with a wheel error.

Sent from 34.0764° N, 118.4296° W

1 - 20 of 65 Posts