Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

The bodyshop that just worked on my car has made a mess of some of my finish - and if I go back to them a THIRD time to fix things, I'm sure they're going to mess it up some more (such has been the trend).

A little green dot of overspray that I could've lived with has been turned into some nasty power-buffer scratches and a dull patch of what used to be clearcoat - I am SO PISSED right now.

I plan to show it to them Monday, but at this point would rather go to an excellent detailer. It baffles me why a damn BODYSHOP can't get it right, but I just don't trust them anymore.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a million!

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
here in the burg there is a great shop called Sandrof's they do great work! (but it's also 4hours away from you lol)

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
D'oh! (4 hours)

Then again, I'm so damn pissed and really want someone to do something RIGHT, that it may be worth driving 4 hours to get it done. Anything worth seeing out there in Lynchburg to make a road trip out of it? (Pardon my ignorance about Virginia, I'm from Florida...)

·
Registered
0 Posts
This is up near Northern MD in Bel Air, MD but Doctor Detail is great, they are about 2 Hours north of DC [thumb]

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Well in 3 months Lynchburg will have the first year-round ski/snowboard slope in the United States....

other than that. Blue Ridge Parkway.....and Liberty University.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump - anyone else?

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good detailer - to fix some bad things done by a bodyshop.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is a guy we have used in Arlington and DC 3 times now on 3 cars. He's done paintless dent removal for us and we have been very pleased with his work. I assume he also does detail work. I PM'd you his name and contact info.

If he doesn't do the work you are looking for I also have a friend who bought a used M3 with some bad paint issues from FL. He found a highly recommended detailer who wasn't cheap but he did great work for him in Arlington, saved him from having to get a new paint job. Let me know if you'd like me to get his contact info for you.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PM replied to, thanks [thumb]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts