Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just moved to N. Austin and I bought my wife a 07 SE with 88k. FYI I no longer have a garage and what remains of my tools is stuck in totes in storage here at the apartment. Hey, it's just a transition phase...

Anyhow, the 07 slips between 2-3 shifts when she's cold, and from what I gather here I'd like to swap out a couple solenoids. But the management doesn't allow any mechanic work on site.

So, does anyone know of a good TRUSTWORTHY shop in N. Austin where I can get this done? I never trust mechanic shops but I can't do it myself any more, at least til we buy a house in a year or 2...

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Matt,

I live just up the road from you about an hour away in Copperas Cove. I have a garage so if you would like we can set up one day and bring the car up and save you some labor.

Just a thought. Mark

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark, it's only happening when it's cold. After it warms up it works fine. I think I'll let it slide for a while and dig up some more info, like maybe it's a seal? A servo would act up at any temp...

Hey Matt,

I live just up the road from you about an hour away in Copperas Cove. I have a garage so if you would like we can set up one day and bring the car up and save you some labor.

Just a thought. Mark

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Matt,

No problem. Just let me know when you would like to work on it. Hopefully it wont give you much problem.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts