Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and i didnt find anything... is there anything that is bad about buying a used header???

thanks mason

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
there are no moving or mechanical parts...its just tubing welded together, what could be negative about it?

anything you're afraid of?

·
2,272 Posts
Some things to look for.

Could have rust.
Might be bent/warped/broken in some way that they fail to mention.
leaks (some people are shady)
missing hardware
wrong part/bad description so it may not even fit your car
stolen part?
Possibly buildup on the inner walls of the header due to engine problems.
If it was wrapped/painted/coated by the previous owner, was it done poorly?
It is possessed/haunted by demons or other entities? I always perform an exorcism when I obtain used parts.
Defects from manufacturing? This could be a reason somebody wants to sell it.
is it TOO good of a deal? It might be a scam.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i guess it was kinda dumb i meant like are there problems with buildup and any other things that could hurt performance...

mason

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
probably not much of an issue with buildup on a car like ours...if it was an old ass POS then maybe, but on a newer OBDII car its very unlikely.

I bought mine used (but never installed) and have no problems except it didn't come with a flange gasket and was missing 1 sticker lol. Luckily i had an extra gasket around the shop.

I think you'll be fine, the deals you can get on used parts are one of the best parts about being a part of this community

oh and the "EGR Tube" that the early ones referred too was in fact not the EGR but the air pump. The EGR is internal so don't worry about it. The air pump line can be plugged or cut off and welded if necessary.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the only thing i could think to would be the welds goin bad for some reason or the person bottoming out and denting the lower part of the header

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
can't dent the header on a duratec, it runs behind the motor and above the subframe

you could only dent the headers on the zetec.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
can't dent the header on a duratec, it runs behind the motor and above the subframe

you could only dent the headers on the zetec.
I thought there was only one...so there is no need for it to be plural.

[histerical] [histerical] [histerical] [histerical]
Sorry, I had to

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
if i pluralize zetec it makes sense lol

meant for it to be plural

you got me AHHH [hatchet]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts