Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 ford focus zts. when i bought my car used i told them that i wanted all the fluids changed before i bout it. but i am trying to find out what coolant should be used. the oil that they used was the wrong weight and im guessing the coolant they used was something they had lying around. can someone pleae tell me what type of coolant i should be using if its the green, yellow orange etc. thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
You want a 50/50 mix of ethylene glycol (green stuff) and water.

If the wrong coolent is in there your going to have the system flushed. At that point I would go back to were you bought the car and demand they do it b/c they screwed up. Not that different coolent is going to mess up the car, you cant mix the coolents.

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
correct^^
Green coolant/water
50:50

i also add a bottle of Redline water wetter to mine every flush/change

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Did you get it changed at the dealer? They may have used the extended drain gold/yellow colored antifreeze which is supposed to be good for 100,000-120,000 miles between changes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's funny. Theres that sticker under the hood having to do with the coolent. Its got a little picture with green fluid in it and then a statement; 50% Ford. I had to ask myself, what the hell is the other 50% of my car?

I love my ZX3 but me and a bunch of guys could not help but laugh at that sticker. Maybe you had to be there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
u know i just went outside and look that is pretty funny about the antifreeze and also thanks i never realized that the sticker was there

·
Registered
557 Posts
green. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts