Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, I have this dandy little factory anti-theft device that disables the ignition with the push of this little button on the remote.

I opened my car door, started getting into my car, hit the "unlock" button to disable the anti-theft so I could start my car, and the horn honks twice. This is normal.

Somehow, this time I tried to turn my car on before the second blast of the horn ended. The sound abruptly cut off, and my car refused to start.

Now, my lights flicker; the beeping the car makes when you have your key in with the door open is all stuttery; when I hit the "unlock" or the "lock" buttons on the remote nothing happens, except some faint clicking from the fuses under the dash; there is also a buzzing sound now when I turn the key to turn on the car.

Any ideas?

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Sound like whatever anti-theft system you put into this car, or was already in the car when you bought it just screwed everything up.

Sorry to say but that is one strange anti-theft device, you have to unlock the car twice to start it?!?!? Where did you get this, ebay?

It's hard to say what happenned, sounds like the PATS system (key system) for the car is shot to hell, maybe this 'device' fried the system but being hacked into the cars wiring?

Who makes this device? Curious...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Soooo.... the battery was dead.... The tow truck driver came and had a look at it.
I guess the battery had just enough juice to make me think the car was working, but in fact it was not.

So I jumped the car and it started.

Case solved.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts