Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, All!

Finally have the car back from the Daughter who's been driving it for awhile, and am in the midst of "Daddy Fix-Up Days" (just so I don't get back a total piece of junk when she's finished with it). One of the tasks it the replacement of the radio antenna and base. It's a simple enough job, as a few YouTube videos can attest. However, My complicating factor is the fact that mine has a sunroof. I understand that the interior light panel unhooks from the front (towards the windshield) and if that were the only the part that needed to be dropped, I'd be golden...after removing the two Phillips screws holding its trim panel. The thing that gives me pause, since the trim piece is larger on the sunroof equipped cars, is the removal of the sunroof switch panel, which has to be dropped, also.

So, here's my question: I'm sure that the switch panel removal is theoretically the same as the light panel, but.... from.which side of the switch panel would I pry it? I have four choices, and I'm sure three of them would result in a broken part. I'm asking any of the members who've done this to give me some direction. And so we're talking the same language, for reference, front is toward the windshield, looking up at the panel. Yeah....I know.

Thanks in advance!
DW

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Greetings, All!

Finally have the car back from the Daughter who's been driving it for awhile, and am in the midst of "Daddy Fix-Up Days" (just so I don't get back a total piece of junk when she's finished with it). One of the tasks it the replacement of the radio antenna and base. It's a simple enough job, as a few YouTube videos can attest. However, My complicating factor is the fact that mine has a sunroof. I understand that the interior light panel unhooks from the front (towards the windshield) and if that were the only the part that needed to be dropped, I'd be golden...after removing the two Phillips screws holding its trim panel. The thing that gives me pause, since the trim piece is larger on the sunroof equipped cars, is the removal of the sunroof switch panel, which has to be dropped, also.

So, here's my question: I'm sure that the switch panel removal is theoretically the same as the light panel, but.... from.which side of the switch panel would I pry it? I have four choices, and I'm sure three of them would result in a broken part. I'm asking any of the members who've done this to give me some direction. And so we're talking the same language, for reference, front is toward the windshield, looking up at the panel. Yeah....I know.

Thanks in advance!
DW
deleted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the skinny: I just decided to take a quick look-see, and pulled the interior light panel. Lo and behold, the set up is a bit different with the switch panel there, as it the light panel is moved just a bit more forward toward the windshield. The fitting for the antenna is perfectly positioned for removal WITHOUT removing either the switch panel or the trim piece. Easy-peasy 15 minute job, most of which being cleaning the gunk off the roof where the old antenna base sat. A T-25 bit is all you need.

DW

1 - 3 of 3 Posts