Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock motor, 3" exhaust with a resonator and cat inline. If anyone sees anything that looks out of line, please voice your opinions!

A/F plot

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
i would richen up the AFR across the board it looks like high 11s and sometimes 12s if im looking at it right i would try to be in atleast the lower 11s

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's holding at about 11.8 and a little lower, with a slight bump to 12 for a 200 rpm range. I thought 11.8 was optimal, does this no longer hold true?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
I agreed it looks like 11.5 then at 4400rpm hits 12.0 then drops back to 11.7ish and on to 11.5

I would take everything down .5

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
It's holding at about 11.8 with a slight bump to 12 for a 200 rpm range. I thought 11.8 was optimal, does this no longer hold true?
Actually 15:1 is optimal where the most efficient combustion takes place. However that is so hot it melts the internals as we all know. So 11.8 is getting close to the danger zone (12.5 if I am correct), it is nice to see a safe buffer between that. You won't loose to much HP/TQ if you do that, and will ensure a safe motor.

Its your choice.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
x3 afr a little high

and wtf is taking so long to spool, what kind of turbo is it?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
t3 s60 supposedly, looks about on par from other zetec dyno's I've seen. My altitude may have something to with it too perhaps (lack of air density).

Referencing this post from two of the more respected members on here....they're incorrect? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125694

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
you have to be spot on with your timing to do that kind of afr, imo 11-11.5 is a bit more safe

you could run 12.5 if you pulled enough timing in the tune but if you get bad gas your motor is a goner

but a real tuner should have no problem tuning for 11.5-12

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I have now found that 10.4 to 10.6 is the safest place to be , I use to shoot for mid 11`s but not any more , I would go back and add some fuel before you make boost

10`5 some people say you loose HP/TQ I have not found that to be the case

Other then that it looks good

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Looks good... welcome to the turbo club... (aka darkside)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll snap some pics tomorrow if I get out and brush the snow off. Need to see how it does with a real cold start anyway.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Nice! I'm glad that worked out for you, I would have felt bad recommending the guy, lol. Its cool to finally have someone in CO that can do a decent job tuning a focus. He's a bit of a pain to get a hold of, though.

How was the cold start? We were seeing really low temps just before I bailed town...I think I woke up for work one day and it was -12 up my way ... high temp was 8.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wasn't too bad, fired right up, but needed to idle for a minute or two before driving anywhere.

·
Registered
275 Posts
What turbo kit do you have?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Those are really good numbers for a bone stock Zetec, and catted!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tom's gen1 kit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Argh...forgot to mention, and I don't know if this will affect the comments regarding the AFR's and such, but the cdompression has been dropped by like .5 with a SVT headgasket.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Da..?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts