Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 Fiesta went though 3 trannys (DCT's) and I was pursuing the lemon law. Ford seemed to think nothing was wrong with the car and wanted the case to go to arbitration. Luckily my dealer stepped in at that point and gave me the buy back price on the Fiesta as long as a purchased something from the lot. Picked up a 2012 Focus...

Now, my Focus was great until about a month ago when it didn't start and threw a few codes. Took it to the dealer but the check engine light turned off and the codes were gone....hmmm.

Dealer advised me, they reset the system. Now I am having harsh shifts, shudder, and very erratic behavior by the tranny in stop and go traffic. I assumed the TCM needed to learn the tranny and me again. But I have put 1000 miles on it and no change.

I believe I should ask for the transmission TSB 10-2 but have any one found that helped?

Problems started around 7500 miles and I have a little over 8500 miles now.

So my point is I can see both sides. Somethings should have been discovered initially but the tranny qwerks can get VERY frustrating.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I think the TSB helped me. It's worth a shot if your dealer will do it. TSB is only for cars built on or before 8/12/2011. But my transmission seems to be doing much better than before. The TSB states that you might get some engine light codes or something, so I'd suggest you get it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts