Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the Focus Central Tb, and it says that the opening of the intake is 60mm.. So your supposed to bore the hole to 65mm.. Has anyone done this, or need to do this??
Thanx.

·
It's been fun.......
3,042 Posts
You don't NEED to do it but you might as well while you have it off. It's quite simple as I found out from others on the forum. If you do a search I know there is a "how to" out there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
just use a bur bit and a drill or a dremel and mark off how much you need ot take off the intake inlet... I did mine in about 10 min....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok how about the automatic tps?? i have a 2002.. so would i use the 2002-03 auto/2003 5spd.. or the 2000-02 auto hole?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Is this a common problem? I have an 03 ZX3 is mine 60mm?

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
This is confusing me....[confused] I'm buying the 65mm tb tomorrow, and I'm supposed to modify it when I get it? What kind of product is that....? Will I have to modify the purchased item, or the other part it connects to? [???:)]

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Odublar said:
This is confusing me....[confused] I'm buying the 65mm tb tomorrow, and I'm supposed to modify it when I get it? What kind of product is that....? Will I have to modify the purchased item, or the other part it connects to? [???:)]

You do not have to modify anything to put it on.They are just talking about dremeling the plastic intake manifold that is on the car to flow a little more air it is not required.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
you dont "have" to but its "suggested" the opening on the intake manifold is only 60mm and the throttle body its self is 65mm... so for maximum gains it'd be ideal to port match it. not necessary though and honestly cant say if it makes a huge difference

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
So that's what everyone is talking about when they say get a 2000 intake manifold and port it....appreciate the info guys. [thumb]

Question: Should I remove the intake manifold to do this....or will the debris not matter....?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
stuff a clean rag into the intake mani and vacuum it out before u remove the rag...

2000 intake mani: they are actually different deisigns... 2000 vs latter mani's has bigger and more round runners and also more to port. ill see if i can find a pic comparing the two for u

·
Registered
456 Posts
FocusMan7 said:
ok thanx.. how about the tps, anything about that??
If it is a 2002 ATX that has a TPS that is like 3/4" thick, it goes on the holes that are perfectly vertical.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so i tried putting the sensor in the other holes of the TB and still the same thing happens.. NEED HELP PEOPLE :'(

·
Registered
47 Posts
Quick question.Did you put silicone on both sides of the gasket? You are basically putting a straight edge on a non-straight surface(the intake).If you did not use silicone you will have a vacuum leak and possibly a very nasty one.You can call me if you like and I'll walk you through it.661-823-2400 ask for Dave.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Stick a rag coated in grease into the intake manifold. The plastic shavings aren't much danger, but the debris from the abrasive wheel is. With a dry rag those little bits will still fall in the hole as you pull the rag out. The grease helps trap the grit and stick it to the rag.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts