COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
HEATED SEATS
ENGINE BLOCK HEATER
TRACTION CONTROL
AUDIOPHILE PACKAGE
6-DISC IN DASH W/9006 SYSTEM
POWER MOONROOF
HID HEADLAMPS
I have owned a couple of Mustang GT's and LX 5.0's that I loved (no SVT's before). This car plain rocks. I think the 'Stang's would have walked out on it from a light but they would have seen it's tail lights in the twisties. I am not sure I like the traction control though. I am so used to being in charge I think I will run with it shut off most of the time.
I sure hope the guy that works on these at my stealership is smarter than the saleman. He had no idea what he was selling and when he showed me the car I knew a lot more than he did.
One of the reasons I bought this is from all the postings on this forum. Looks like you guys (and girls) converted another one

[driving]

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the best Focus Forums on the Net. Congrat on the new ride and I hope you enjoy it like I do......[}:)]

[burnout] [welcome]

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am a newbie SVT owner too! I have the same exact car (w/o HID and blue interior), I just put 1100 miles on it. I hate the fact that a California car came with the winter package...

I read on here that you could pull a fuse that turns off TC, but also ABS... Even with the TC switched off, I hear it always works at low speeds <20-30mph...

I got this car for the handling and it does handle! My favorite motorcycle road is now my favorite motorcycle and car road!

Cheers!

Ray

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Infra3sv said:
Congrats! Why did you choose the SVT over the SRT, Spec V, & Mazdaspeed?
Thanks for welcoming me and to answer the question quoted above:
The SRT has more HP and looks great but from what I have seen of Dodge products they are built cheaply I also drive 30 miles each way to work and the SRT wasn't as smooth riding or running and rode too stiffly. I have owned a Dodge truck and although I didn't have much trouble with it, you could dent it with a hay bale and the interior was cheezy.

The Spec V seemed like an entry level car with a big motor but quality was great. I just didn't like the ride or handling as well.

There aren't any Mazda dealers near me so that rules out the Mazda.

I also looked at the Honda and (ok don't flame me too bad but) I already own an Accord. I liked it and it rode great but it was like driving a mediocre try at a performance car. The quality was great and the ride was good but it lacked any real punch and although the SVT doesn't have the punchy of say the SRT, it handles great. You can probably fix the handling of the Si with tires and other enhancements but you are still stuck with that motor.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Infra3sv said:
Congrats! Why did you choose the SVT over the SRT, Spec V, & Mazdaspeed?
Infra3sv I have a nosy question. Why do you always ask the new SVTF owners this?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
And I'd have to agree with you on the Dodge thing. I always thought that they had cheaply made interiors as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats!!!![thumb]

Now I am not the newbie any more!![:D]

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Forum. I got a chance to see just how good this traction control thingy is. We got dumped on with about a foot of snow yesterday. I have 4 Dunlop snow tires on it too. Well... seems the SVTF was one of the few cars that was going anywhere. We have a hill here in town that is notorious for being im-passable with any snow on it. I made it, the t/c light got a good work out , but I made "the hill".

So.... the SVTF goes in the snow too, but with the stock tires I would have joined the folks in the ditch.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Infra3sv said:
I like to hear about the small differences.
I was just being nosy....[:D] I thought you may have been doing a comparision in a class of vehicals with about the same specs, seeing why some choose to bypass one for the other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts