Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have the OEM svt header and Cat. Going to get the bung welded in,need to know exact size of bung and location, and also by cutting the OEM zetec flex to proper size and welding the proper flange to fit with svt cat., will that work?

·
Registered
921 Posts
You're better off just blocking off the EGR system with a bolt-on plate to the valve, and looking into an SVT flex pipe instead of cutting and welding. A catback exhaust to finish it off would be best for flow, assuming you don't have one now.

Another option would be to sell the cat, and get a high-flow cat for the non-SVT exhaust, for the SVT header and a replacement non-SVT flex pipe as the stocker would be a bottle neck. You have a few routes to take.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should have noted that this is my daily driver and will require emissions this July. I have a bassani exhaust on now. All high flow cats for zetec to svt are sold out everywhere including ORP's. Ive looked into used ones here as well but no bites yet. I just want to get my car back on the road.As it sits with a cracked header now.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
make ur own, thats what i did... i bought a magnaflow spun hifh flow cat. and made one... works mint! and the total about about....170 to 200

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
im planning on makeing another one, because i wanted to see how hard it was to make, and its not hard at all... just 1 bend that i gota work on... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya that looks like my only option toeycrack. Im droping off the header in the morning to get the bung welded in, then later this weekend take the foci in to get the flex worked on. Hopfully all goes well. Any one wrap thier svt header? Just curious how much wrap they used...kinda on a buget with christamas around the corner and dont want to get too much...thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ya that looks like my only option toeycrack. Im droping off the header in the morning to get the bung welded in, then later this weekend take the foci in to get the flex worked on. Hopfully all goes well. Any one wrap thier svt header? Just curious how much wrap they used...kinda on a buget with christamas around the corner and dont want to get too much...thanks
i paid about 60 all together with the tape and sealant. The 50' roll i bought was JUST enough, it was the first time i wrapped a header and it turned out good. Then another 10 for the sealant, which is definitely worth it to protect it from water.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i wrapped mine up recently up too, before i installed the kit. people say that 1 x 50ft roll should be good and it is, BUT i wrapped mine so it over over lapping the layber before by 1inch. so in the end i ended up using 100 feet... 50ft for 2 tubs.

here's my wrapping...

p.s. if you lookin for some goood ass wrap, i got 1 roll of 50ftx2in of Thermo Tec - copper wrap /// i could sale this to you for 45

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got great "in's" in the aftermarket industry where i live. Plus my dad has been teching for ford for over 20 years so that helps as well as everyone here..i greatly appreciate everyones time and effort on this site. I can get the wrap in black only(which is fine for me) for next to nothing(cost). As for the sealant i'll just go to autozone or something if my buddy doesnt have any. Perfect wrap job man! Thanks again everyone

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You're better off just blocking off the EGR system with a bolt-on plate to the valve, and looking into an SVT flex pipe instead of cutting and welding. A catback exhaust to finish it off would be best for flow, assuming you don't have one now.

Another option would be to sell the cat, and get a high-flow cat for the non-SVT exhaust, for the SVT header and a replacement non-SVT flex pipe as the stocker would be a bottle neck. You have a few routes to take.
I agree with almost everything he^ says unless of course you need to be emissions compliant.

you can get a 2.5" flex pipe from trubendz (mandrel exhaust sys.) for $120 shipped!
here is the link

my setup is a stock SVT cat (used from svt salvage). i got a good deal on it, $105 shipped. i called ford and a new one would be like $2000 or some stupid shiet like that lol

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if you build urself a cat, make it hook up to your stock flex pipe location, and just remove the hing that holds the flex in place... then you can make a straight cat, instead having a stupid ass bend in it..

i should of tooken a picutre of my cat out come, since i was under the car all day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts