Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well there goes one of the 200 and some screaming yellow 03 svts :| tonight on my way home I am sitting in the left turn lane the light turns yellow i look and the car is stopping in the in the right hand strait lain (two strait lain road)no one coming so i go ahead and turn left and bam next thing i know my air bags hit me in the face and i did a 270, almost a 360 . so what happened is the car was stopping in the strait lane and the car behind it wanted to make it so they swerved into the other lane almost at the intersection and hit me going probably 50ish and that is how my car died tonight. I was at fault because left yields to strait , so it was a pretty shitty deal. :| I was really sick to my stomach after , feeling a little better looked totaled the frame looked [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] but i guess i will find out in the next couple of days [mecry][nutkick]

·
Registered
332 Posts
How could you j/k glad ur okay egman said a car can be replaced just not a rare car like that. Hope u had full coverage on it and the insurance let's u keep it to part out for your next svt.

·
Registered
262 Posts
he can always keep it, but insurance gives you less for the car if you do.

and thats terrible. at least your OK, but that dick should be at fault for running a red. you were sitting in the middle fo the intersecion waiting to turn left, light goes green, yellow, you go. he run red, BLAMO!!!! his fault. if he has enough time to stop, he ran the red light. that how the law is written(in illinois that is) and seeing as he went around the guy that stopped in time, he did

·
Captain Retard
2,583 Posts
Glad to hear you are okay, bummer about the ride.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car.
Glad to hear you are okay, and it sounds like you were just a little shaken up.

But it really sounds like that ahole was at fault. I would suggest an attorney to recoup what you lost, and what the insurance company will want to not give you. Insurance companies are not your friend. Just remember that, even your own.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
He went around someone stopping at the light to hit you?

Was the guy driving with his head up his ass?

Sorry to hear that your car has bit the bullet, but at least you are in tact.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Glad to here you are ok. Sorry about the car.

I would make a very clear statement to your insurance agent about the fact that the guy who hit you swerved around someone who was stopping for the red. That should play into the account, instead of rear ending the guy stopping at the light he nailed you.

Good luck with insurance dealings!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Man, another EAP down.

Atleast you're alright man. Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
did you get a ticket for this? if so i would fight it.
1.) guy tried running a red
2.) swerved around the car stopping for said red. (can argue he probably almost rearended that guy)
3.) its a SVT that itself should be a crime hitting one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
oh man, this is so sad. Glad you're ok. I've been shopping for these lately and a yellow is at the top of my list since I have an 04 cobra (yellow). Time to retire my 94 civic hatch as my daily driver. It has 265,000 miles. I'd love to find a used svt focus to replace it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he can always keep it, but insurance gives you less for the car if you do.

and thats terrible. at least your OK, but that dick should be at fault for running a red. you were sitting in the middle fo the intersecion waiting to turn left, light goes green, yellow, you go. he run red, BLAMO!!!! his fault. if he has enough time to stop, he ran the red light. that how the law is written(in illinois that is) and seeing as he went around the guy that stopped in time, he did
well the law in utah is dumb even running a red light both parties get a ticket but strait still has the right of way so the person who turned left gets the ticket. but the reason i am back post is because it is a time to celebrate, going to look at comp org svt today !!!:D it will not be that same but close :)[strongman]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts