Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've noticed alot of questions about suspension, and well thought i could ask one more before the pressure cooker blows lolz.

Anyways, i definately want to do some new suspension. More handling then dropping is what im after. I've looks around and it seems the SVT and the FRRP set ups are the way to go.

I know the FRRP gives ~ 1.5" drop and the SVT gives ~0.5 - 0.75". How big is all this. I don't want to be scraping going up and down slopes and such. I plan on doing the SVT in the future, and i dont want that scraping either.

What do you guys suggest or recommend?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
honestly... i have 2 inch drop with eibach sportlines and im not even close to scraping.... i want it even lower and it will be lower with coilovers in the near future.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
It really depends on where you live... I scrape my chin spoiler every so often (1.5" drop) because the driveways and lots where i live just suck. 1.5" looks good with a 17" wheel, Ive got 16's and Im going to a 2" drop though, i hate wheel gap!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright cool~!

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
Tire and wheel specs determine what drop will scrape. Stock wheel offsets of 49mm (SVT) or 52.5mm (stock) keep the wider tires (like 215 40 17) inside the fender, preventing scraping. The lower the offset number for the wheels (42mm, 40mm, 38mm) will move the outside edge of the wheel rim outward and increase the chance of rubbing.

A great tool to use is the wheel size calculator at www.wheelmaster.com .
Using this tool will show you exactly what the difference will be from stock tire size to replacement and it gives typical results for the fenders. It does not take amount of drop into consideration, so you have to factor that in.

If you want to stay away from rubbing, and drop isn't that important, go with the SVT suspension from Ford Racing, stick with stock diameter tires, and use wheels with 45mm or larger offset.

Any questions, please ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts