Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have oil leaking down the exhaust side of my 2002 ztec engine. It was filling the cabin up with smoke so I figured it was the valve cover gasket.(50 thousand on that one). It leaks down on the exhaust shield and pipe and is getting worse. I changed the valve cover gasket and when I removed the old one I found it was still nice and pliable, but I changed it anyway. Same problem. Has anyone had a problem with the oil separator? I can't do a thorough inspection 'til it stops raining. It's been a good car for 150,000 miles so I suppose it's time to throw some money at it. (But not too much) Open to ideas as to most probable cause. (Whole front of engine is oil-soaked which led me to think valve cover gasket)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Can't be raining out there, FelixtheCat keeps telling us to move to the "Best Coast" where the weather is always fine....

Looking at the exh. to try to see where leaking oil is cooking off is the easiest way to trace it for now, without the opportunity for cleaning.

Shield & pipe sounds like on top, but that could be old & the current smoke is from dripping lower down onto the pipe.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know about the rain. Tho' this year hasn't been bad like the East Coast. This weekend is supposed to be good but wife is taking a few days off along with car to the coast. (I gotta take care of the animals(dogs and cats)) I did some more searching and will be able to do more exploring when she returns with the car. P.S. flowering cherry trees are in bloom. LOL Almost time to mow the lawn. CUL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts