Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately after i shut off my car a few seconds after clunking sound come from under the hood only makes the sound once sounds like somthing springing back in place or snaping shut its kinda wierd just started doing it a few days ago just lookin 4 ne info on it maybe someone could tell me what it is thnx

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
DSI probably, although my flywheel make a similar noise right before I had it replaced under warranty (clutch TSB related)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so if its the dsi is that mean it is goin bad?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also i have had the TSB for the clucth done once already and it starting to rattle again and ive have only put about 5k on it since the last TSB service i really hate that rattle noise

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
no, if it clickity clicks a lot and the sound comes from the fender area, then you have trouble, but just once near the intake (back of motor area) is normal. Some folks seem to notice it more after installing a SRI or CAI (or vented hood)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
^ for DSI

clutch issue is a pain.. I'm on my own now, have fidenza ready to pop in there, but waiting on cash for CM4

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
SVTfreak03 said:
Lately after i shut off my car a few seconds after clunking sound come from under the hood only makes the sound once
DSI popping back into the short runner position.
Car off = short runner position.
Car on = long runner position as soon as you start it up.

Mine will switch back on occasion for as long as 5 minutes after shutting the car off.
I'll be tooling around the shop, and "pop"...there it goes. [confused]

·
Registered
467 Posts
oh that is such a comforting noise as you lock up the car and start walking to the house and then "pop" or "clunck"(kinda depends on the mood the car is in) . oh well I have days like that too

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea that is excatly what it does just kinda clunks after its been shut off walking into the house so i am just glad that nothing is wrong with the car but what would be causing that to stick like that and would there could be anything i could to free it up a bit? thnx for all the info

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The intake likes to sit in the short-runner position because it's spring loaded to stay open. When the DSI module turns off it probably just releases it and allows it to open.

Mine has never made this sound before.... I wonder if mine is working properly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts