Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
used search but couldnt find what i was looking for. 02 zts auto 92.8k miles. normal while drivig but when i stop at a light its almost like a cicking noise and rpms drop to almost 250 and car jerks bad like its about to quit. i changed plugs and wires about 3 months ago and nver noticed this until recently. changed my oil about a week ago. pennzoil 5w30. not sure where to look. ihad this problem in my old ranger right before the alernator went dead but im running a 2000 watt amp on 2 jls and it hits like normal. idont think its my alternator because when it happens i usually have the radio on 0. any help is appreciated

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
no loss of hp when driving do u?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i have the same problem but mine does not drop to 250 rpm more like 500-400, it happens when i push my clutch pedal and roll upto a stop light or it happens when my engine is idling, not in gear and i am rolling forward slowly. When this happens my headlights dim too but i suppose thats just the drop in rpms. I dont know what it is but i wish i did because its starting to really piss me off :(

·
Registered
471 Posts
I would say it's a vacuum leak especially looking at the miles you have on your car.
look for the thread "zetec stumble - problem solved"

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
my car does it too, not that bad tho 104,000 miles and it drops to about 550 or 600 and idles bad.

i disabled my egr (thought thats what it was) and it didnt help. if anyone finds anything out let me know please!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would say it's a vacuum leak especially looking at the miles you have on your car.
look for the thread "zetec stumble - problem solved"
x2 thats what i was thinking[clap]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts