Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1137 Posts

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
if you see my post in the other thread, I got most of it answered here except for what dyno and version you're using. looking good though
We're posing on both, sorry. I will try to get more info for you.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I'm just curious... we had a 2012 charger come in but the software only went up to 2010. and my friend tried to run his stock fiesta but it was too new.

Just wonder if it ended up being run as a 2011 with the weight tweaked. it would be close but I could see it showing a little more or less. We use a mustang dyno too.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice drop. How much was the drop (in inches)?

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I forgot to take measurements, though it only appears to be about an inch. I am going to take measurements next weekend after it's finished settling and will post them here.

Thanks for the props!

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Oh, and I'll post in the clunking thread, but when I pulled my right strut (left was already replaced by the dealer), the top cap came apart in two pieces. This let some of the bearings fall out. I don't know 100% but I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't have done that. I thought I had taken pics, but for some reason I can't find them on my phone.

For those that follow my thread and have the clunking noise...

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ok, here are the new wheel concepts for your opinions. Red would go to final with gunmetal powdercoat and grey (would actually be body color) would go with black powdercoat.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ok, here are the new wheel concepts for your opinions. Red would go to final with gunmetal powdercoat and grey (would actually be body color) would go with black powdercoat.

I like this one the best.[thumb]

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I'll try to post better pics tomorrow, because the pics of the red aren't very accurate. It's roughly the color of the tail lights. It's kind of difficult to say 'it's like this, but different', but I was trying to get close matches without popping the car in the store.

The red is kind of 'hey, look at me!' while the grey is like 'check me out.' Very subdued.

I do appreciate the feedback! I must also throw in the disclaimer that the red was my gf's idea, and I must give her credit for it. (she votes red)[:I]

·
Registered
453 Posts
I'll try to post better pics tomorrow, because the pics of the red aren't very accurate. It's roughly the color of the tail lights. It's kind of difficult to say 'it's like this, but different', but I was trying to get close matches without popping the car in the store.

The red is kind of 'hey, look at me!' while the grey is like 'check me out.' Very subdued.

I do appreciate the feedback! I must also throw in the disclaimer that the red was my gf's idea, and I must give her credit for it. (she votes red)[:I]
I see where you are going with it, like a ruby color. I agree with ya. The red is kind of "shouty". I'm not a fan of color wheels though. Unless its an Blue STi with Gold wheels.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Your car is awesome! I love the drop and the splash guards. I vote grey. My 07 ser spec v was grey with factory gunmetal wheels and I loved that combo.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
Whatever happened to a stripe? I'm voting red!!!

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I'm meeting up with Rocker today to go over some vinyl ideas...

Here's a pic of the car after some low and after de-modding the wheels. I put 200 lbs in the trunk and let it sit overnight to help settle the springs a little because the car looked like it was trying to endo...I like rake, but there is a limit.

The black wheels looked better without spacers. The OEM look would require spacers, imho.

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #00
13,505 Posts
There will be a red Knuckles profile now, right? ;)

·
Registered
845 Posts

Gunmetal all the dude!!

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Ok, I just got the dyno graphs in my email. Interestingly, my email can be confused with dyno85, but mainly on a day that I request emailed copies of a dyno chart... Give me half an hour to draw some squiggly lines to support my claims and get them posted.

41 - 60 of 1137 Posts