Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is against the law to move or remove a cat. I also know that with a race header you remove the cat and have to re-install it to pass emissions. How hard would it be to modify a flex-pipe to fit a cat? Would you be able to do it? Would it be worth it?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
How hard would it be, well depends on the skill level of the person doing it. Without welding equipment and experience it would be damn hard.

No its not worth it at all.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. I was just wondering. I still want to eventually get a race header but was just wondering.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i guess it depends on what state you are from. in missouri, you could get away with it. we have a state inspection and an emissions test. neither one of them would inspect the underside of your car. if your brakes and lights work, you pass one if they don't blow it up on their emissions dyno, you could pass another.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
jisturm said:
I know that it is against the law to move or remove a cat. I also know that with a race header you remove the cat and have to re-install it to pass emissions. How hard would it be to modify a flex-pipe to fit a cat? Would you be able to do it? Would it be worth it?
I've seen pictures of this done multiple times, so yes it can be done. I don't think it's worth it though.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not going to. Just wondering. It would be less work to just replace the stuff every two years for the emissions check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts