Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(i have an automatic, just so u know)Ok i have a question on here about brake boosting off the line, now i would like to know if revving the engine in neutral then shifting it to drive is bad for the transmission or anyother part on the car

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Yes. Definetly bad for the tranny. Just use some common sense: If one end of a rope was tied around your waist, while the other end was being held by a group of large angry men, and they jerked on it as hard as they could, would it hurt you?

Your seventeen, and from what I can assume, this is your first car. It's really going to hurt you when you have to replace the tranny for about $700. Treat your car nicely! [:D]

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dazada said:
Yes. Definetly bad for the tranny. Just use some common sense: If one end of a rope was tied around your waist, while the other end was being held by a group of large angry men, and they jerked on it as hard as they could, would it hurt you?

Your seventeen, and from what I can assume, this is your first car. It's really going to hurt you when you have to replace the tranny for about $700. Treat your car nicely! [:D]
thats what i figured and thats why i asked, i have never used this method in my car, and i wont try anything new until i know that it wont screw it up

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
lol. i raced a 3000gt the other day, he did that(auto).not only did i whoop his ass, but when he started going, i saw white shit fall out and dispurse as if something had been busted under his car

·
Registered
251 Posts
nomoreavril said:
lol. i raced a 3000gt the other day, he did that(auto).not only did i whoop his ass, but when he started going, i saw white shit fall out and dispurse as if something had been busted under his car
He most likely did break something. It's quite a stupid thing to do to your transmission.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, tell me about it. I've witnessed some pretty idiotic things that younger kids manage to do to their cars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts