Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally order myself a electronic drum kit (yamaha DTXpress 3). Since this baby cost me a lot, I want to take extra care for it! Is there different between drum sticks? I want a set that will not make as much marks on the pad as possbile? S2 here?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Depending on how hard you hit the pads, you may find yourself replacing a lot of sticks. However, the pads themselves can take quite a beating. The most important things when choosing sticks are weight of the stick and the girth (did I really just say that?). Make sure you choose something that is comfortable. If you find that you want a thicker stick, but not the additional weight typically associated with it, you may want to choose a hickory stick. The won't last as long, but they are lighter. As a point of comparrison, I use 5A for most applications. For lighter work, I use 7A, but with electronics, it's not so important.

Bottom line, the pads are stronger than the sticks (within reason. Don't hit the pads like you're swinging a hammer). Pick a stick that feels the best for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts